PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Ex-City financial advisor Stefan Borson, C.E.O for Watchstone Group, said it could take a “long time” before the process is completed.

“I think it is unlikely that the club will be able to appeal to the English courts due to the Premier League’s rules requiring its disputes to be dealt with by Commission and arbitration,”

“The seriousness of these allegations is likely to mean it will be a long time before the disciplinary process can be completed -- I would not be at all surprised if it took in excess of two years.

“Ultimately, I believe it will be very difficult for the Premier League to prove this scale of wrongdoing..."

-Kenics || Sportsbible

Leterme's 'hard evidence' didn't really come to much did it?
It doesn't matter that it was hot air. It gave the media what they wanted and in turn, all the haters.
Reputational damage is the name of the game. How many football fans think CAS fined us and therefore we were guilty ? How many believe we were guilty but got off through bribery etc. Leterme's diatribe just reinforced that belief. I wonder what damage is being done to sponsors in the long run.

Question for me is what does Pep say tomorrow.

For me, I would be happy if he reiterates that the club has provided evidence and has done nothing wrong. I can even see him doubling down on what PL are saying and raising the bar.

The PL accuse our Directors of falsifying accounts, wow!! That is a huge claim and one I do not think can be true.

Whereas we would like him to go on the rampage, I think that is not our best option.

I’m unsure if this is true but I think it will be, that even if City did all of what was said, inflated sponsors, paid those off book payments, we would still have spent less then United in that time.

If it is I would love that narrative out there, as people currently think our spending was so much more than everyone else. The average fan put into that perspective does not care where money came from and consider fair or not fair.
I hope he says no comment to the two faced fuckers.

Question for me is what does Pep say tomorrow.

For me, I would be happy if he reiterates that the club has provided evidence and has done nothing wrong. I can even see him doubling down on what PL are saying and raising the bar.

The PL accuse our Directors of falsifying accounts, wow!! That is a huge claim and one I do not think can be true.

Whereas we would like him to go on the rampage, I think that is not our best option.

I’m unsure if this is true but I think it will be, that even if City did all of what was said, inflated sponsors, paid those off book payments, we would still have spent less then United in that time.

If it is I would love that narrative out there, as people currently think our spending was so much more than everyone else. The average fan put into that perspective does not care where money came from and consider fair or not fair.
Would love to see him come out swinging, but wouldn’t be surprised if he’ll just be irritated by being asked about it repeatedly. If it’s the latter, then Simon Heggie should state at the beginning that Pep won’t be answering any questions about it as it’s an ongoing legal matter, and anyone pushing the issue will be ejected. Doubt that will actually happen though. Either way, it’s a must watch tomorrow.

Would be nice if via Khaldoon’s contacts within the government, it was stated that numerous financial ‘benefits’ coming the UK’s way will get cancelled, unless the PL is regulated by the government, with the first order of business being a government investigation into the cartel. The ‘****-er’ becomes the hunted.

I’ve had a few drinks though!!

Do the premier league realise that they are accusing khaldoon, an Emirati Government official, of lying, deceit and fraud?

And do the premier league really know that they have accused the deputy prime minister of the UAE, Sheikh Mansour, of the same thing AND are accusing him of allowing the cooking of the books, lying, fraud, falsyfying accounts?

I mean, just read that and think wtf have the premier league done!

This is going to turn very messy i think.
I hope so.

I hope he turns up with PL winners medals around his neck.
Sulaiman Al Fahim would.

I love Khaldoon to bits and he’s the right man to lead us ad-infinitum, but just solely for the period of us fighting these pr*cks could we bring back Sully to deal with ‘em face to face?

Hear you mate, however, if the falsified accounting is the mud, which seems realistic, yet they determine sanctions based on no legal footing, they can be challenged in a court of law, which I’m 99% sure is what they will try to avoid!
if it turns out as you say falsified accounting 'on a grand scale' then yes certainly it becomes illegal, i asume it would then be turned over to the correct authorities, that would then make the PL redundant of what we have done but they would still have reason to serve punishment on us,'private members club as i mentioned above' should this happen were trully stuffed, i fully expect us to be found guilty in the first hearing then win the appeal if the circumstances are right to allow one or better still it gets put to bed by the PL on receiving our paperwork on the 23rd

i hope your correct, i havent heard or read anything, dont forget at this stage nothing ilegal has been found so its like breaking the rules of a private members club 'they make the rules and enforce whatever punishment they see fit' and i cant see how we can argue, lets hope the evidence we have knocks them for six
It's not like a private members club though is it. It's a business worth hundreds of million of pounds, with hundreds of employees. We don't go to the pl private members club for a drink and a bite to eat, then get a lifetime ban for calling the landlords mrs a slag. It's our whole business. I believe we will win, maybe a fine for non cooperation same as CAS, but any draconian punishment that doesn't fit the crime will surely have a route to legal redress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.