PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It would be a huge surprise if they did have anything else, as it would have come out in the last four years of litigation and a smoking gun of such magnitude would have resulted in a plea deal being taken.

We've won three Premier Leagues since it started. We have denied Liverpool in the process.

If the Red Shirts and Premier League had anything else, the trigger would have been pulled a long while ago.

If our books were being cooked. Silverlake would have uncovered it in their due diligence- I’d have more faith in them than the PL. I really can’t see how someone like Silverlake would invest in a tinpot outfit who file dodgy accounts for 9 years…. And on top of that fail to enter a team in the FA Cup!

I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t some diplomatic pressure being applied from the UAE, tbh. This has gone a bit beyond just City now, with the likes of Khaldoon and Mohamed Al Mazrouei, as well as Mansour himself, having their integrity so publicly questioned. It seems unthinkable that the recent investment plans won’t be used as leverage imo.

This will be sorted out at Government level I am sure of it.

What’s to stop our owners maintaining the status quo and loading us with debt, then taking a small hit from the FL? Wolves spent a fortune and signed Reuben Neves in the championship
As post 9320 failed to have any connection to that number's special meaning, I've lost hope. However. I gained hope by going back that far in this insidious scandal. Where's our Netflix production?!

It's only 13 charges a season... in 9 years, right? Why didn't the PL do them yearly? #conspiracy

It's not like a private members club though is it. It's a business worth hundreds of million of pounds, with hundreds of employees. We don't go to the pl private members club for a drink and a bite to eat, then get a lifetime ban for calling the landlords mrs a slag. It's our whole business. I believe we will win, maybe a fine for non cooperation same as CAS, but any draconian punishment that doesn't fit the crime will surely have a route to legal redress.
in an ideal world your correct, but there is no legal redress once we have exausted the two hearings and thats if we meet the crieteria to have a second hearing,there within there rights to serve whatever punishment they see fit,its wrong i know but we as the club signed up to the rules and accepted the T&Cs, if there is another way to squeeze it into the law courts it would be case law

I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t some diplomatic pressure being applied from the UAE, tbh. This has gone a bit beyond just City now, with the likes of Khaldoon and Mansour himself, having their integrity so publicly questioned. It seems unthinkable that the recent investment plans won’t be used as leverage imo.
Agree with the thinking there but then I'm not sure through which channel that would be pressured?

Possibly in need of a shake-up but possibly freer from the red clubs.

After four years, they had two choices:
- charge City, and say "we tried" to anyone who pushed them to do so, and "we were testing the rules to see if they'd been broken, as well as the non-cooperation issue" to others.

- don't charge City, and have everyone wonder what they wasted the four years doing, as well as annoying anyone pushing for an investigation (who would then go their media mates to slate them, making remaining in post untenable)

I suspect they're better off bringing the charges and having them fail.
Except making such serous allegations of wrong doing by a multi billion $ company and deputy PM especially if completely unfounded surely risk legal financial and political fall out on an epic scale especially if it was as part of some conspiracy better to just say looked found nothing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.