PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

maybe a figure representing the Government will offer to help the principals at both organisations come to some mutual recognition and possible accommodation. Strictly in secrecy of course. Perhaps City could provide its irrefutable proof of innocence and undertake full future cooperation. Given its keen interest in Regulatory oversight (helped by todays ESL announcements) I’d imagine the Government would have significant leverage and may wish to explore various potential models with the Premier League executives for example. It’s not too difficult to envisage how this may be approached.
I don’t see how

A grey anonymous gentleman in a suit will turn up at the Prem offices, and over a cup of Earl Grey will tell the Prem bosses how this will be resolved all nice and quitely, he will then leave and nobody will ever know who he was or who he represented, or indeed that he was ever there in the first place .

Very likely but if that doesn’t work I’m keen on the Charlie Bronson negotiation.

Just watching sky news back pages for tomorrow morning.
The only mention of us is that we may be putting up netting for Liverpool game to avoid fans being hit by missiles.
No mention at all of the PL charges anywhere.

Reactions: GRB
Not quite. He was manager in 2011/12 and the following season, the first two under FFP.

But this isn't about FFP. It's about 'hiding' some of his remuneration using this Al Jazira consultancy contract. I suspect they're saying that we should have paid him that £1.5m through our accounts, so have understated our expenses.

But that amount makes sod all difference. If it had been £10m then that's probably something to worry about but not £1.5m. It's just not material.
But surely IF it’s wrong it’s wrong. And didn’t you say the other day there might be an image rights issue on top?

Didn't Amanda Staveley work as an advisor when Sheik Mansour/Adug bought City? Or she helped to broker the deal and was paid rather handsomely for her work. I remember something along those lines in the press at the time.
She did, and the meeting in the Daily Heil article is just a normal meeting between all PL clubs. We will have a body there too.

This may have been brought up already so apologies if Im going over old ground ..
If the PL is laying multiple charges of wrong doing in our accounting- over many years, and that wrongdoing is a clerical error (perhaps the disclosure of accounts in the incorrect way), why wouldn't the PL after the 1st mistake/annual accounts ask for it to be corrected? why would they let us keep making the same mistake for year and years? surely thats either 1 of 2 things
1. Them trying to hang us or
2. Their own incompetence.

or both.

A grey anonymous gentleman in a suit will turn up at the Prem offices, and over a cup of Earl Grey will tell the Prem bosses how this will be resolved all nice and quitely, he will then leave and nobody will ever know who he was or who he represented, or indeed that he was ever there in the first place .
4892EEFF-94F3-4414-84C5-295C729BBC59.jpeg
That’s it we are fucked -:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.