PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's not like a private members club though is it. It's a business worth hundreds of million of pounds, with hundreds of employees. We don't go to the pl private members club for a drink and a bite to eat, then get a lifetime ban for calling the landlords mrs a slag. It's our whole business. I believe we will win, maybe a fine for non cooperation same as CAS, but any draconian punishment that doesn't fit the crime will surely have a route to legal redress.
The Premier League cant act outside the laws of the land surely…??

I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t some diplomatic pressure being applied from the UAE, tbh. This has gone a bit beyond just City now, with the likes of Khaldoon and Mansour himself, having their integrity so publicly questioned. It seems unthinkable that the recent investment plans won’t be used as leverage imo.
But we’ve got probably the most incompetent government in history so we could end up in a far bigger mess if they get involved ;-)

Didn't Amanda Staveley work as an advisor when Sheik Mansour/Adug bought City? Or she helped to broker the deal and was paid rather handsomely for her work. I remember something along those lines in the press at the time.
Think it’s already been mentioned but this was a scheduled meeting and nowt to do with all the bollocks that’s come our way this week.

Here we go.

They’re all meeting.

Even the fu*king Saudis and Newcastle are apparently in on it.

As for Boehly, having just spent hundreds of millions on players and getting around FFP by giving all the new players long contracts.

Cunts, the lot of them!

77-C3255-D-2-E75-4-F94-A8-B4-09528-E8-C9508.png

They're right shit stirring bastards aren't they?
Fuck the media.

Unlikely to be dropped one day but a hearing hurried up and no case to answer. Though a fine for non-coperation.
I think that's significantly more likely. Having announced that it will go to an independent panel, the idea it doesn't make it that far seems remote. As has already been stated, if we were going to use diplomatic pressure then wouldn't it have been used long before now?

I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t some diplomatic pressure being applied from the UAE, tbh. This has gone a bit beyond just City now, with the likes of Khaldoon and Mansour himself, having their integrity so publicly questioned. It seems unthinkable that the recent investment plans won’t be used as leverage imo.
It does, absolutely. Al Jazira is a personal holding for Mansour, it was never integrated into the CFG nor even with ADUG, once they shine their torches on both clubs at once, it becomes a personal attack on HRH.

That also makes it an attack on the House of Nahyan, which in turn makes it an attack on the UAE.

City business on it’s own is not UAE’s business. Likewise, Al Jazira business on it’s own is not UAE’s business. But put it together, and it suddenly becomes personal, and that’s exactly what the league has done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.