PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Hudds fan in peace.

Now the dust has settled a little bit I just wanted to pop on and say that not everyone is against you. I have been non-stop fighting your corner to all and sundry since the news broke as, at least as far as I'm concerned, this is nothing but a shady attempt at a monumental stitch up, and it's pretty clear who the accusers are, even if it is being disguised under the Premier League banner...all the other bits of news that have broken since do nothing but underline that belief. At least it helped them get that little rat Greenwood out of the headlines for a bit...

Beggars belief to me that a club with a £500million deficit on the bottom line of their bank statement can throw shade at a club with zero debt whatsoever. Stinks in all honesty.

I would normally end something like this by wishing you luck, but you'll fight this and you'll win this. You'll never lose the particular tags in the eyes of certain people, but fuck 'em. I'll come back when all this is done and drink a pint of their salty tears with you all. Get into them City.
Top guy

Whilst £750k per year is of course immaterial in the grand scheme of things, I would imagine it’s above the audit threshold and thus could be used by the PL as ‘proof’ of fraudulent financials for the years in question.

What would the fraud be?

Edit: And as far as I can make out, nowhere do the charges or the breaches refer to fraud. They refer to breaching a requirement to present annual accounts that comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. PL rules are a regulatory requirement, so if the PL has an unresolved accounting issue with anything, that is a breach. Not sure about this whole fraud / misleading auditors things at all.

I don't buy that one bit. I don't know why people keep talling themselves this. Oh poor PL, they don't really want to charge us, they just want to look like they do so they can take the preasure of themselves but they are happy to fail doing it because they are really on our side.

Are they fuck. They didn't spend 4 years listing every allegation rhey could come up with, just to loom like they tried. They have put together 100+ charges either because they think there really is something there and they have a case, or because they think they have enough to stick on whatever capacity. This is not a fucking beauty parade of legalspeak, it is a serious set of accusations, with little good to come out of it for everyone no matter how it ends.
I agree. Why would the lawyers (and Barristers) working for the PL support 115 charges if they thought they couldn't win? Their reputation will be trashed if we lose. If the PL have only got the same quality of evidence as UEFA did then they will be totally humiliated. Very well-paid lawyers are usually very cautious when it comes to their own reputations. I think the situation is a lot more complex than we realise.

Thank you mate. I don't think some people realise how hard it is! Ha. They're all people who are paid to talk for a living so naturally very good at sticking the knife in. Plus I know millions watch it so the pressure is on big time. Tried my best though to get across a lot of things lots of us have wanted to say for a while!
To be fair to you mate, you are too. I'm not in the slightest saying that to have a dig - on the contrary, you've been doing this kind of thing a while and you're great at it.

If anything this investigation would encourage potential new owners.

If you’re buying into an industry with a load of rules and regulations, you would want to know those rules are enforced.

Not if those rules prevent you from running and growing the business you are buying in the way you want to. Note I am not agreeing with the post and the claim, just that it isn't illogical.

Anyone know who City's cyber security provider was post takeover? If they had done a better job then no hacked emails and this shit never happens. Liverpool would also not have been able to hack our scouting database.

It would not surprise me to learn that Swales had awarded a 30 year IT contract to his nerdy nephew who had a ZX Spectrum in 1982.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.