PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The so called expenditure on the proposed new stadium has always puzzled me. I wonder was that ever properly investigated if not it should be or reinvestigated if it was glossed over in the past. This is the sort of issue Parker should have been making to the BBC.
We are a wide and varied group us fans and may I suggest that, within legal limited obviously we start to dig for information on this and other dodgy deals by PL members. We have proof now that any irregularities at least as far back as 2009 are open to charges.

I wonder if any relevant freedom of information requests may help shed some light on some of these historic issues as well?

Apologies if already posted - thought Stephen (@twosips) did well here. I couldn't be in a room with a load of fans who have already decided we're guilty (because they want to believe this recent domination on the pitch has been doped by some marketing deals off it?!) and smirking their way into debates with snide digs (specifically that Paul Machin wanting to be everybody's mate while coming across as a snide prick). Carragher included. And especially that Spurs fan who, for some reason, thinks they've been held back by City over the past 15 years when they've challenged for the league once and beaten by fucking Leicester. Bottlejobs.

Fair play to Neville too (I know) who calls out FFP for what it is. A scheme to keep certain clubs at the top of the pile while the rest have to sit and watch playing happy families.

Again, as I said yesterday, it boils down to a man being told he isn't allowed to spend his money how he wants to and because of that supposedly breaking these made-up, self-protective rules to be able to compete. Let that sink in. A load of horseshit.

Yes well done to Stephen for speaking well in that bearpit. Comes to something when Gary Neville is the next most sensible person in the room. That Arsenal muppet is embarressing - just came over as thick and entitled. He should be thanking us for nuturing Arteta to become the manager he is today.

Thank you! And nope! I was expecting a grilling so I did my homework and stuck to my guns :)
Brilliant mate - an example to other City fans on how to handle this situation. I have enjoyed your posts over the years and thought you would be older!

The so called expenditure on the proposed new stadium has always puzzled me. I wonder was that ever properly investigated if not it should be or reinvestigated if it was glossed over in the past. This is the sort of issue Parker should have been making to the BBC.
We are a wide and varied group us fans and may I suggest that, within legal limited obviously we start to dig for information on this and other dodgy deals by PL members. We have proof now that any irregularities at least as far back as 2009 are open to charges.
Quick Google search brought up this: I wonder who owns the lease now.

In 2000 Liverpool announced plans to build a new 60,000 seat stadium on Stanley Park. Estimated costs were £150m with the possibility to expand to 70,000. In 2006 the club secured a 999-year, £300,000 a-year lease on part of the park for their ground. Hicks and Gillett bought Liverpool in 2007 and promised 'a spade in the ground within 60 days', pledging £210m to build the 'new' Anfield. Their plans, which they commissioned out to American architects HKS, would have cost £300m to follow through on, resulting in a 71,000 seater stadium.

Another article states the loss was £35m on the plans, seems an awful lot to be charged for no work.

Liverpool Football Club made a loss of almost £50m in the year to 31 July 2011, according to the club's managing director, Ian Ayre. Talking about the accounts before they became publicly available at Companies House, Ayre said the club's commercial income had increased, but did not say what it or Liverpool's total income for the year amounted to.

Ayre said that much of the loss of £49.4m was accounted for by writing off £35m incurred by the previous American owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett, in plans for a redesigned new stadium on neighbouring Stanley Park. Ayre said that plan had now been scrapped and the club is still investigating redeveloping Anfield itself, which previous regimes found was practically impossible because of planning issues.

I think the problem is that private clubs can make rules that might be a bit strange but are accepted if they don't break the law of the land. So you can't have a private club with a rule saying new members have to kill someone to be a member. I'm not sure a rule stating "Member clubs are not allowed to make the cartel of cry-baby clubs cry" is contrary to the law of the land.
However I doubt the PL would get away with having people linked to the rags, dippers and arse acting as prosecution, judge and jury.
Yeah but restraint of trade comes in on this one.

Plausible deniability when it goes tits up? They can go back to their redshirt puppetmasters and say ‘we tried our best but it was that independent commission who let them off?’….

Just like uefa didn't really want to kick us out, they just played along knowing cas would save their day. Letreme still in character playing his part, just in case.

Hudds fan in peace.

Now the dust has settled a little bit I just wanted to pop on and say that not everyone is against you. I have been non-stop fighting your corner to all and sundry since the news broke as, at least as far as I'm concerned, this is nothing but a shady attempt at a monumental stitch up, and it's pretty clear who the accusers are, even if it is being disguised under the Premier League banner...all the other bits of news that have broken since do nothing but underline that belief. At least it helped them get that little rat Greenwood out of the headlines for a bit...

Beggars belief to me that a club with a £500million deficit on the bottom line of their bank statement can throw shade at a club with zero debt whatsoever. Stinks in all honesty.

I would normally end something like this by wishing you luck, but you'll fight this and you'll win this. You'll never lose the particular tags in the eyes of certain people, but fuck 'em. I'll come back when all this is done and drink a pint of their salty tears with you all. Get into them City.
Thank you! I'm feeling guilty about the 10-1 now!
Seriously though I would far rather have a pint with a fan from a team like Huddersfield than one of the Sky favourites any day of the week as the talk would be about genuine football rather than financial nonsense.
Good luck for the season - do you think that you will be able escape relegation? - big game against Wigan tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.