PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Hopefully someone high up, not good enough to have Pep face the shitstorm yet again
Absolutely, it is unfair for the manager to be fielding questions about finance before his tenure.
I would have Kaldoon and his boys in shades at the top table and plenty of lawyers in the room listening to the what is being said by the press.

What amazes me is that these accusations have been around since the first window of the takeover, people talking about inflated sponsorship and people being paid by second accounts etc..

We don't use some grubby back street 1 man band accounting company, we use highly respected experts and they no doubt knew of the accusations and would have dug deeply to ensure everything was above board, if they didn't believe it to be they are then duty bound to report this as they can not sign off on what they believe to be false accounts.

Now imagine this happening for 9 years, either these experts are extremely guilable and incompetent in there roles or maybe they found that everything we did was above board. I know where my money is.

The accusation they have made against us is huge, and to win the case they are going to have to have irrefutable evidence that we just can't defend. Our club are claiming we have our own irrefutable proof.

The one thing that really concerns me though is outside of football, the Government and UAE are building strong relationships and I am worried that political pressure is brought on the EPL, they then are forced to back down behind the scenes and once more we are the big bully's.

No matter what happens the scenario is already written.
1. We are found guilty and everyone will label us as cheating cunts.
2. We are found not guilty and everyone will claim we won on a technicality due to having the best Lawyers and we are still a bunch of cheating cunts.

The shit has already stuck to the wall.
we will allways be guilty even if were not found so, as for the other the UAE investment,if i were UAE i'd have any investments put on hold pending the outcome for the attack on our owners,i do think it will go political at somepoint

My understanding is that ex-City employees were able to access City's "Scout7" system on a number of occasions after they had joined Liverpool. If that is correct it might not be what is considered a classic hacking attack but does show poor practices in the IT systems. Any access should be revoked as soon as it is no longer needed by the individual to perform their job role and some form of multi-factor authentication should also have been implemented with the token handed back or disabled once the individual leaves.

I will concede that no IT security system is unhackable I think it is fair to say that with a best practice security policy implemented, enforced and regularly updated it would have been far harder for Pinto to gain access to City's emails and he may well have moved on to easier targets.
Their access was revoked (presumably), they used an employees log in details that still worked there. How they got them and how bollocked the employee was I'm not sure though.

He hacked banks, Sporting FC, Doyen Sports, the serious fraud police in Portugal (or whatever their title is) investigating the hacks and I think the judge on his case. Lord knows who else who perhaps didn't come forward. I obviously don't know how they got into our systems (someone clicking on a link is quite common) but I doubt it was 'easy' as such. Or at least I'd like to think so :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.