PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

From a mate (I am only a messenger!):

"Spoke with an MP mate who I won't say (there are some good ones BTW). The Dept of Culture, Media and Sport (think current sports minister is Lucy Fraser) are incandescent with the PL's antics and the push for the independent regulator is being accelerated. Furthermore there are lots of shit stick stories on the horizon about the PL, backhanders etc, going to come out in due course inc monopoly corruption in regards to tv revenues and access. Bottom line is they are supporters of City as a catalyst for change".

It's interesting from the point of view that independent regulation could come in before our hearing takes place. If that happens, our charges could well be reviewed and even dropped.

About time all the corruption came out. This is one of the reasons i think the premier league havent thought it through. Hopefully the government step in and dismatal the cartel piece by piece because i will sit laughing at the downfall of those clubs.

Not sure if anyone knows who to raise to at the club/has someone they can raise It to here is the bit wheres she's being libellous about CAS with the childish air quotes

She’s quoting Guardiola, in what world is that even remotely close to being libellous?

It’s annoying, it’s a bit childish and she’s got an awful voice, but you can’t claim everything you don’t like is libel.

I can admit it when I’m wrong and put my hands up, Kaveh isn’t THE WORST, Melissa reddy is, when she talks my ears bleed. She knows absolutely nothing and is like the spokesperson for Liverpool and United, she also only got the job on a technicality of a ex boyfriend (Mane) who recommended her.

So much for balanced reporting

From a mate (I am only a messenger!):

"Spoke with an MP mate who I won't say (there are some good ones BTW). The Dept of Culture, Media and Sport (think current sports minister is Lucy Fraser) are incandescent with the PL's antics and the push for the independent regulator is being accelerated. Furthermore there are lots of shit stick stories on the horizon about the PL, backhanders etc, going to come out in due course inc monopoly corruption in regards to tv revenues and access. Bottom line is they are supporters of City as a catalyst for change".

It's interesting from the point of view that independent regulation could come in before our hearing takes place. If that happens, our charges could well be reviewed and even dropped.
But ..but ..I was told many times on BM that our Premier league is squeaky clean and I'm just a paranoid fool for believing there's corruption behind the scenes.

Last edited:
She’s quoting Guardiola, in what world is that even remotely close to being libellous?

It’s annoying, it’s a bit childish and she’s got an awful voice, but you can’t claim everything you don’t like is libel.

What the actual fuck.

She clearly is not. She is quoting the other 19 clubs, who have said nothing at all, and using that to put across her own interpretation of the cas verdict. She does explain what she thinks pep was saying, sure, even if she does embelish it with a claim that he suggested the 19 clubs are bankrolling the lawyers putting together charges (which he never said).

Add to that the earlier spell, she has gone far off the mark.

edit, im not arguing the club should sue her for libel btw, but it is hardly just fucking quoting pep

Twatt Ziegler, Times Online one hour ago… ‘Man City owners may be forced out if charges proven.’

I’m not adding a link and its behind a paywall.

I speculated a day or so ago that this would be the PL end game. Find enough reasonable doubt and subsequently declare our owners not fit and proper.

Its a stitch up guv

Not sure if anyone knows who to raise to at the club/has someone they can raise It to here is the bit wheres she's being libellous about CAS with the childish air quotes

She’s a very intelligent and insightful journalist.
Yes - I was doing the ‘air-quotes‘ there. You just couldn’t see them.

The only question I have is how do we remunerate pep for his outspoken contribution to the free city cause.Maybe set up a company called…”cuz we’ve got guardiola” and pay monies into that from HH Man-sour. Transfer it through our newly formed 1st Abu Dhabi concealed owner investment bank. -:)
I think that's a great idea & sounds perfectly legal

What the actual fuck.

She clearly is not. She is quoting the other 19 clubs, who have said nothing at all, and using that to put across her own interpretation of the cas verdict. She does explain what she thinks pep was saying, sure, even if she does embelish it with a claim that he suggested the 19 clubs are bankrolling the lawyers putting together charges (which he never said).

Add to that the earlier spell, she has gone far off the mark.

edit, im not arguing the club should sue her for libel btw, but it is hardly just fucking quoting pep

No, she’s quoting Guardiola.

He’s the one who claimed we were proven “completely innocent” at CAS today in his press conference, no one else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.