PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not always been his biggest fan, but fair play to Sam Allardyce for voicing some support for us this week. Makes a change to hear someone not just trotting out the type of uninformed shite that we've endured from the likes of Simon Jordan and Gabby Agbonlahor in the last few days:

Speaking to William Hill and Footy Accumulators’ No Tippy Tappy Football, a series in which Sam Allardyce and host Natalie Pike are joined by a special guest each week to discuss the big stories surrounding the 2022/23 Premier League and beyond, Allardyce said: “Of course there is jealousy – all the other clubs will be rubbing their hands together wanting Man City to be found guilty, as we’ve seen in the press.

“Football has always been unfair. The fact that if you have more fans, you have more money to spend, that’s what it was like when I played. The ones that had the most fans had the most money, and that’s how they grew. Football is a business now; as long as it’s the right money coming in, why not welcome it?

“It seems like the owners and the chief executives want City kicked out of the league which is not the right thing to do. I hope they aren’t found guilty and prove the other side and come out on top.”
Fair play to the big fella. He knows first hand the power of the media to cause destruction. We might need him if we went down to the conference. From pep ball to long ball -:)

I’m in.

Like a few on here, I stopped watching pressers, ‘pundits’, listening to the radio or any opinion pieces anywhere, be it print or media, years ago.

Was going into a meeting today and decided to catch a bit of the presser on City’s site. I’m glad I made that decision.

If he can come out swinging for the club dearest to my heart, I see no reason why I shouldn’t back the man through all highs and lows.

Thank you Mr Josep Guardiola!

Last edited:
Not always been his biggest fan, but fair play to Sam Allardyce for voicing some support for us this week. Makes a change to hear someone not just trotting out the type of uninformed shite that we've endured from the likes of Simon Jordan and Gabby Agbonlahor in the last few days:

“Football has always been unfair. The fact that if you have more fans, you have more money to spend, that’s what it was like when I played. The ones that had the most fans had the most money, and that’s how they grew.
This is the bit we've talked about before on the forum.

The first major tilt in the financial playing field was when clubs like united, Liverpool and Spurs forced the Football League to stop the sharing of ticket money with the visiting club, so they could keep it all for themselves. So when united fans say "We did it ourselves" when talking about how they became successful, this is actually how they did it.

You only need to look at the list of League Champions before 1982 and compare that to the list from 1982 onwards to see the difference that change made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.