PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I was accosted by an Arsenal supporting colleague at work during the week calling us cheats and we’ll be relegated. We both work in the ambulance service.

I asked him what he knew about it apart from the media condemnation. He said that City disguised investment by the owner as sponsorship payments. I reminded him that CAS considered the facts regarding this and ruled that there was “No evidence” not ‘insufficient evidence’ to suggest that this was the case and in fact went as far to say that the amount of people that would have to be involved in actively disguising the payments made it almost impossible for it to happen.

“Ok then“, he said “What about the extra payments to Mancini?”. I told him that he is an NHS employee and he collects a wage for being an ambulance attendant. Now imagine that on weekends he does extra shifts as a Porter in a hospital, would be expect to get one pay slip or two considering his employer is the same for both jobs.

Unsurprisingly he had nothing to say after that.

so many articles, comments about what happen if we are found guilty.

hardly any on what happens if these charges will not be proven. would top bosses in the PL have to resign? would PL go and have a long look in the mirror about charging their top dominant cub for last 10 years with all these fake ones?
will their official apology? what about damages? what if we had a new expensive sponsorship about be signed in March and now that sponsor hearing these very serious charges they take their money elsewhere...
and then if we found innocent in 3 months or 3 years they dont come back as sponsor.
Does PL pay money for that to us?

If City score a big win, independent regulation becomes nailed on and those at the top of the PL would be off before the findings statement goes online.

Now that is interesting if the PL have to drop the charges. Obviously a big if, but certainly an outcome that I have not seen mentioned yet. Fingers crossed.
Someone mentioned last night that they’ve heard from a source (I can’t remember where the source came from) that they’re expecting the prem to drop their case within six months.

It will be a clause in the PL agreement that answers that one way or the other. Someone better versed than me in PL rules will look it up and tell you. I really Should try and do some work on my clients cases today… it’s only midday in LA so half a day of work left. Unless I take a POETS day.
I wondered why you spelt defence in the American spelling. Have a good day and thanks for your insight

so many articles, comments about what happen if we are found guilty.

hardly any on what happens if these charges will not be proven. would top bosses in the PL have to resign? would PL go and have a long look in the mirror about charging their top dominant cub for last 10 years with all these fake ones?
will their official apology? what about damages? what if we had a new expensive sponsorship about be signed in March and now that sponsor hearing these very serious charges they take their money elsewhere...
and then if we found innocent in 3 months or 3 years they dont come back as sponsor.
Does PL pay money for that to us?
Good point - you can’t throw a punch, miss the target and then complain if you get put on your arse - I am so looking forward to this

From a mate (I am only a messenger!):

"Spoke with an MP mate who I won't say (there are some good ones BTW). The Dept of Culture, Media and Sport (think current sports minister is Lucy Fraser) are incandescent with the PL's antics and the push for the independent regulator is being accelerated. Furthermore there are lots of shit stick stories on the horizon about the PL, backhanders etc, going to come out in due course inc monopoly corruption in regards to tv revenues and access. Bottom line is they are supporters of City as a catalyst for change".

It's interesting from the point of view that independent regulation could come in before our hearing takes place. If that happens, our charges could well be reviewed and even dropped.
I hope this is genuine, please be true.

I tend to agree and think it will be a carefully worded walk back just prior to the hearing, with us providing the full Discovery.

If they know they are now bringing a knife to a gunfight, the Premier League have very little wiggle room to take it all the way.

I think this is wishful thinking unfortunately

If full disclosure of the requested documents would have killed this, it would have died 4 years ago.

Over the last week I’ve become more and more confident that the outcome is the club will win because there’s no way the PL can have the evidence, but we’ll get pinged for not cooperating.

UEFA brought an awful case because Leterme and co were under massive pressure to do something to bolster FFP after fucking up the PSG case.

The PL has brought one in an attempt to stave off the regulator.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.