PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

can only remember one of mine and he was a bloody Aussie. Have a vague recollection of him throwing the blackboard cleaning thing at me. Either that or a box of chalk

I had George Myers too. Think he passed about a decade ago. Don't recall ever getting the violent treatment you did - mostly I just remember him tediously reading aloud every poem ever written by Phillip Laaaaahkin.

Yep, agree with this (apart from the independent regulator bit). The PL have put themselves in a terrible spot by opening an investigation too quickly after the UEFA case broke. Now they are stuck with how to get out of it.

Politically, they can't now drop the case, especially after the press have whipped up the idea of fraud and misleading auditors, which I don't think is the PL charge at all btw. But if they let the case run, they are likely to suffer the same fate as UEFA.

They should have waited until CAS was finished, accepted the results on those issues, then decided if any of the time-barred issues, or any other issues such as, for example, how we accounted for shared services, image rights and so on, warranted a further investigation according to PL rules.

Shame.
Just a quick one, think I read they’ve given us two weeks to answer the charges etc, would that be an early get out for the PL ?

Yep, agree with this (apart from the independent regulator bit). The PL have put themselves in a terrible spot by opening an investigation too quickly after the UEFA case broke. Now they are stuck with how to get out of it.

Politically, they can't now drop the case, especially after the press have whipped up the idea of fraud and misleading auditors, which I don't think is the PL charge at all btw. But if they let the case run, they are likely to suffer the same fate as UEFA.

They should have waited until CAS was finished, accepted the results on those issues, then decided if any of the time-barred issues, or any other issues such as, for example, how we accounted for shared services, image rights and so on, warranted a further investigation according to PL rules.

Shame.
They are pandering to their masters, instead of having a backbone.

Be good to have a blue enforced check point Charlie outside the journos entrance. Collectively we’ve been a bit apathetic as a fan base, spoiled by success a bit. Feels like there’s a real ground swell that this could galvanise all of us and bring that fire back. Turn the Etihad into a hostile bear pit for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.