PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Is this just fantasy?
It's fear and the realisation the hornets nest has been disturbed and they know what's coming.

5052d93c-e18c-11e6-9645-c9357a75844a

As others have mentioned, if a whistleblower player/manager steps forward and shows his back account receiving money from UAE related account every year (and he has to have some kind of evidence that this money is coming from city's owners) it seems impossible.

This is all correct. The only things that are important to the auditors are i) was a contract signed ii) were services performed iii) were the services paid for in full? As long as those three things are OK, the rest is just book-keeping. For all of the sponsorships in question, for example, all those three things happened, so no-one can question the "true and fair" view given by the annual account imo. Some book-keeping mistakes between related party companies? Maybe. Some dispute about which companies are related? Maybe. Some question about the appropriateness of some accounting treatments? Maybe. But none of that is fraudulent or misleading auditors.

On the whistleblower, I would add. Even if he can show that he was paid out of Mansour's petty cash, it doesn't matter. What matters are the contracts and how they are reflected in the accounts. Mancini had a contract with Al Jazira? It shouldn't be anywhere near City's annual accounts. Broke some disclosure rule? Maybe, but nothing to do with the club's accounts.

I would be amazed if the UAE intelligence agencies have not been having a look at some of the red tops activities, and certain journalists, which they would be entitled to do given these people are trying to damage their national interest, who knows what scandal they might be aware of.
I had wondered about that. The UAE spy agency is one of the best in the world.

I hope we took the piss. I hope we keep doin it. Fuck
em. Its not as if we've murdered anyone, or used the deaths of people to gain poperalety.

Keep takin the piss City. Fuck em

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.