PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I fully agree. Didn't make me any less angry, though.

You'd think that the PL, after such a lengthy investigation, must have better evidence so as to constitute a sound basis for the allegations. And you'd hope they'd show the utmost professionalism throughout the issuing and prosecution of such serious charges against a member club.

However, they've been under constant pressure from member clubs, too, and then there's the political issue of the Government considering imposing a regulator on them. I suppose there must be a chance that the PL is doing something similar to UEFA.

It would be astonishing, really, if they've levelled these accusations without showing due regard not only to their obligations to other clubs, but also to MCFC. We're one of their members, too.

On the other hand, it's not unknown for organisations and individuals who should know far better to act in a crass, unprofessional and wholly ill-advised matter when driven by expediency. I've seen it on a number of occasions during my career.

Of course, our detractors would point out that I should note that, when insinuating that the PL may be acting in this way, I should also acknowledge that maybe MCFC is the party whose conduct is questionable. Point taken, Indeed so.

Let's wait and see, then. I do hope there won't be any cause for ire on this occasion.
If they don’t have better evidence than UEFA, it must call into question the bona fides of the ‘prosecution’. If it is solely to lift pressure from other clubs and the gov, it is tainted.

So you’ve gone from one Tesco store to the entire company

Tesco is one of the largest companies in the world. As are most top flight football clubs
Top flight football clubs are NOT big companies financially in world terms. This is false patting football on the back and is not necessary.

I usually like his stuff but didn't like his headline on this. There is nothing in what he has demonstrated that would help him reach the conclusion that 'maybe' we are guilty. Quite the opposite. He uses excellent financial information to demonstrate exactly how our business plan has worked and worked brilliantly. I thought Colin did a far better job of putting the charges into context on Cheesys blog without the help of all them fancy charts.
It’s just a pun on an Oasis album.
‘Don’t Believe The Truth’ would have worked as well…..

Good afternoon Lucy,

I am writing to you as minister for sport to convey my disappointment at the way my football club is currently being treated by the fa and premier league.

I believe there is a white paper due soon on football governance and how the game can be run more fairly and responsibly. At present I believe there is one club of the so called top six clubs in England in favour of such a new authority, and unless I am mistaken that club is mine , namely Manchester City.

I fervently believe that, based on the evidence and decision documented by CAS some months ago when we were accused of much the same offences and found innocent, we should not have to have our name dragged through the mud once more at the behest of the clubs who are driving the premier league to take this action.

My hope is that the government should and could intercede in this matter by allowing a truly independent review not only of our current case, but also truly independent and responsible governance of the game as a whole.

I like most Manchester City fans ask for no special treatment, I am actually in favour of true FFP, that protects clubs from irresponsible owners and unmanageable debt of the kind that recently drove another of my local clubs Bury FC To cease trading.

Football, like any other business should be allowed to receive investment from Uk or foreign individuals in a responsible way.

It was always my hope that Manchester City wouldn’t be the last club driven to success, but just one in a long line of clubs such as Blackburn and Chelsea that allow football fans to dream that one day they might be so lucky.

Professional football at any level should not be manipulated by shareholder clubs to promote anti competition and favouritism against another.

Also as a nation we do rely on a large element of foreign investment, I do not think we are in a position to put at risk tens of billions of investment by Abu Dhabi to please the owners of other football teams who invest almost nothing into the clubs they own or the area and community surrounding them.

I think I wouldn’t have to remind you of the wonderful things done in east Manchester over the last decade to transform a toxic and run down area of great social deprivation. And that is poignant point as it was why Manchester City was founded some hundred of so years ago.

I would be very interested to know your views on this matter and how your department views the recent events last week on the above.

With best regards

The Tesco's super store in Portwood, Stockport, will make a much larger profit that we do.
And the rest. Several hundred supermarket branches will outweigh our profits by multiple times. Tbf, football ploughs trading profits into the team, transfers and wages.

Swiss Ramble looks at the charges.

Keep bumping the link so people don’t miss it.

Click on continue reading when the email subscribe link pops up.

0B013C59-691A-44E0-80E2-60B54D1DDD26.jpeg

In a bland, yet shocking, announcement last week, the Premier League confirmed that it had referred a significant number of alleged breaches of its financial rules by Manchester City to an independent commission.

If the charges are proved, it would not only lead to a range of penalties, but would cast a shadow on City’s many achievements since Abu Dhabi United Group acquired the club in September 2008.

Since 2012 the Citizens have won the Premier League no fewer than six times and finished in the top four throughout this period. Under Sheikh Mansour’s ownership the club has also won the FA Cup twice and the EFL Cup six times.

Charges

The scale of the accusation is unprecedented, adding up to more than 100 charges. The offences are alleged to have taken place over nine seasons from 2008/09 to 2017/18, while they the Premier League also claimed that City have failed to co-operate with their investigation in the five seasons since then.

I usually like his stuff but didn't like his headline on this. There is nothing in what he has demonstrated that would help him reach the conclusion that 'maybe' we are guilty. Quite the opposite. He uses excellent financial information to demonstrate exactly how our business plan has worked and worked brilliantly. I thought Colin did a far better job of putting the charges into context on Cheesys blog without the help of all them fancy charts.
To me it's a good faith analysis of City's books, and one that I struggle to see an independent inquiry seeing as evidence of widespread and bad faith accounting and deception.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.