PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There is always a lot asked about why the PL have taken 4 years to get to this point. I am not sure it has. At least a good couple of years of that were probably taken up by City's case against the PL and then going to appeal. I think these cases started in 2019 and ended in 2021. I would find it unlikely that we would have been providing any information during that period.

City produced a dossier of the “irrefutable evidence” to the investigatory chamber. Leterme, iirc, declined to read it.

A fairly meaningless phrase.

It's a fact that they didn't produce either the witness testimony which formed their entire defence, nor the accounting evidence they used to back it up, until CAS.

Excellent I imagine however the response will be a bit rubbish even I don’t trust politician but leaving that aside she will fear you publishing her response and interfering in the current process at a PL and potentially a Court level and also won’t want to over emphasis Abu Dhabi links for fear of that being seen as the reason for any victory / dropping of charges
Lucy Powell is ‘shadow’ minister. Born in Moss Side, she is also a City supporter. We should get her onside to lobby the government.

Newcastle and any other club who gets an appropriate owner.

I would expect that the club have weighed up the value between all unrestricted and the current restricted; the club would still need to meet UEFA's FFP to play in the CL, and there would be far more resistance to changing that.
And the public realisation of the European Elite football clubs' resistance to FFP change, even if change is fairer & makes sense, would mean game set & match for City & point proven.

It's why I'd shift the narrative from City's alleged wrongdoing, to FFP being wholly flawed. If this is ever established, all accusations & criticisms of City would evaporate with it...

Last edited:
A fairly meaningless phrase.

It's a fact that they didn't produce either the witness testimony which formed their entire defence, nor the accounting evidence they used to back it up, until CAS.
City have used the phrase again in response to the PL charges. They have never said publicly what their “irrefutable evidence“ is. I suspect it is mainly the audited accounts.
City were advised not to produce the accounting evidence in advance, I‘m told. Why would this be so?

It seems so long ago now but many of the negative MCFC stories started from the earliest days. Here’s a free article I wrote a few weeks back to appear today about this day in 2010. It includes material from an interview I did with Khaldoon years ago. It’s so frustrating - and damaging - that all of this has been going on for so long. Well worth looking at this piece to remember the stuff we faced back then!

It would have been presented in the four years of litigation.

Premier League would have sought a quiet resolution.
Cheers TH , I just hate the over confidence of the PL , only because they seem confident of winning and no other reason , they’ve got a case together for a reason , if the PL lose this , as in we are totally cleared then they are absolutely fucked surely , with major remuneration coming our way.

Yes, I find it hard that Pinto is sat in jail there thinking of ways to "get" MCFC. He has other things on his mind. And I doubt he is in much of a position to benefit financially from the hacked documents either. It's most likely the PL only have the same info UEFA did, imo, which was not a lot.

He was directly quoted somewhere, likely by that German rag, that he had much more info on City encrypted somewhere and offering it to Uefa around the time of them charging us?

Something similar to this one, insisting he had the encryption codes in his head to 27 terabytes the French authorities were holding on his hardware.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.