PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

And the public realisation of the European Elite football clubs' resistance to FFP change, even if change is fairer & makes sense would mean game set & match for City & point proven.

It's why I'd shift the narrative from City's alleged wrongdoing to FFP being wholly flawed. If this is ever established, all accusations & criticisms of City would evaporate with it...
Last point is a very good idea and something we all would love to see happen. Risk and reward, ffp currently aids us to keep top spot but if we have a chance to clear our reputation then the foundation needs to be ripped up.

We might find ourselves in a tricky position and must decide at some point.

Fixing this reputational lynching is going to be hard slog.

It seems so long ago now but many of the negative MCFC stories started from the earliest days. Here’s a free article I wrote a few weeks back to appear today about this day in 2010. It includes material from an interview I did with Khaldoon years ago. It’s so frustrating - and damaging - that all of this has been going on for so long. Well worth looking at this piece to remember the stuff we faced back then!

It's not going to stop.

Why? It costs them nothing!

And even if they lose this case and we prevail.. they've pretty much brainwashed their base into hating us so when we play them, they maximize the revenues on those dates!

Win/ Win for them and we're the only ones playing nice!

There is always a lot asked about why the PL have taken 4 years to get to this point. I am not sure it has. At least a good couple of years of that were probably taken up by City's case against the PL and then going to appeal. I think these cases started in 2019 and ended in 2021. I would find it unlikely that we would have been providing any information during that period.

Also during COVID.

It all depends on what city have done to cooperate.

With UEFA, City didn’t even present evidence in their defence until CAS.

The CFCB specifically asked for the testimony of Pearce and Hogan (City’s main defence against the charges was their testimony that what was discussed in the email didn’t happen) and they refused to give it until City were charged, convicted, banned, appealed and reached CAS
By all accounts then we could have laid one big trap , and they are royally fucked , as are all our detractors if that’s the case.

By all accounts then we could have laid one big trap , and they are royally fucked , as are all our detractors if that’s the case.

Wishful thinking.. I could be wrong but I don't see City playing 4D chess here.

Maybe that's the problem.. we didn't anticipate this because the whole City welcome this seems farcical. They had no clue the charges were coming and if anything we look fed up of the whole thing again and again!!

The PL clearly has a vendetta against us and is determined to hurt us which is why getting a fair hearing and appeals would be vital!

Cheers TH , I just hate the over confidence of the PL , only because they seem confident of winning and no other reason , they’ve got a case together for a reason , if the PL lose this , as in we are totally cleared then they are absolutely fucked surely , with major remuneration coming our way.

I don't see it that way. I believe the Premier League have had their hand forced by lobbying and also by us, in terms of our non cooperation.

We are guilty of that and I can only presume we are happy to take the pinch on that, as long as we get to defend ourselves on our terms.

I also don't see City looking for damages in any win for us, as the public narrative will be put to bed once and for all, with a power dynamic away from the red shirts and cementing our place the top table.

I don't care about perception, I care about City continuing to exist, that's the only win that matters right now.

Those haters will continue to hate us, regardless of a positive outcome for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.