PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

City have used the phrase again in response to the PL charges. They have never said publicly what their “irrefutable evidence“ is.

From reading the CAS award it seems like pretty much nothing. I'm sure they have very good legal reasoning for that.

If they have refused to engage with the investigation at all and provide an alternative explanation to the emails then it's no surprise we've been charged again because what else can The PL do? It explains why we're going to this judicial panel, and why City are confident they'll win again.

I’m no expert obviously, but could we be , or is this designed to stop us being allowed, into what seems to be the inevitable formation of the super league moving forward? Let’s get City relegated, to allow for example “ the fork in the sugar bowl club” gain entry at our expense? Let’s have it right , if six are allowed in - are we the excuse to get rid of City before it happens ? I’m convinced this is geopolitical, there is us , scouse , OT, Arsenal , Chelsea and the elephant in the room in spurs , us out of the way would ensure the latter a greater chance , maybe I’m deluded , but spurs are one gobby fucking outfit , and Newcastle worries Levy big time. God loves a dreamer , i fantasise about shagging Margot Robbie so forgive me.

I agree with the idea that City will always be damned in the public eye as the red loving media go for us.

I appreciate also that going to Court is no one’s ( except the lawyers) idea of fun

But if we are found innocent the club seeks no redress? Surely this encourages further action and this nonsense never ends.

Wishful thinking.. I could be wrong but I don't see City playing 4D chess here.

Maybe that's the problem.. we didn't anticipate this because the whole City welcome this seems farcical. They had no clue the charges were coming and if anything we look fed up of the whole thing again and again!!

The PL clearly has a vendetta against us and is determined to hurt us which is why getting a fair hearing and appeals would be vital!
Frankly I consider our owner and Mr K realise that nothing will change attitudes towards them so I would be surprised if they trusted their enemies.

Last point is a very good idea and something we all would love to see happen. Risk and reward, ffp currently aids us to keep top spot but if we have a chance to clear our reputation then the foundation needs to be ripped up.

We might find ourselves in a tricky position and must decide at some point.

Fixing this reputational lynching is going to be hard slog.
Our reputation will never be fixed. These are tribal football fans we're talking about.

In terms of the wider world though, what they'll recognise is that City did what they had to do to grow their business, in the face of an FFP which is unheard of in any other business sector.

Sheikh Mansour has invested over £1.3bn into City & the City of Manchester. He's raised City from being a relegation threatened laughing stock, to a globally recognised footballing powerhouse.

Outside of the myopic view of football insiders, this will be viewed as a massive positive & will surely baffle people trying to figure out exactly what City & it's owner have supposed to have done wrong. \0/

I’m no expert obviously, but could we be , or is this designed to stop us being allowed, into what seems to be the inevitable formation of the super league moving forward? Let’s get City relegated, to allow for example “ the fork in the sugar bowl club” gain entry at our expense? Let’s have it right , if six are allowed in - are we the excuse to get rid of City before it happens ? I’m convinced this is geopolitical, there is us , scouse , OT, Arsenal , Chelsea and the elephant in the room in spurs , us out of the way would ensure the latter a greater chance , maybe I’m deluded , but spurs are one gobby fucking outfit , and Newcastle worries Levy big time. God loves a dreamer , i fantasise about shagging Margot Robbie so forgive me.

If that's the plan.. it would almost make sense to make peace with City now at the cost of Spurs and others. We're already bigger than most and are only going to get bigger!

I mean we City fans complain about it ourselves.. that tourists are taking up seats instead of locals. Do you see that problem with Spurs or others?

If anything only the Rags and Dippers have that "problem".

Levy is obviously mad that even with Mourinho and now Conte he cannot compete for top 4!

This might sound like "conspiracy" but the summer we need a huge overhaul.. these charges come out. It's almost designed to make us have a bad transfer window and maybe Pep walk, so they have a chance!

That would be a bigger win for them than any points/ relegation since a bad transfer window can hamper a club for years with bad contracts.. a much bigger issue than any legally applied punishment!

Hell a transfer window ban would be worse - if you really think about it!

Last edited:
I don't see it that way. I believe the Premier League have had their hand forced by lobbying and also by us, in terms of our non cooperation.

We are guilty of that and I can only presume we are happy to take the pinch on that, as long as we get to defend ourselves on our terms.

I also don't see City looking for damages in any win for us, as the public narrative will be put to bed once and for all, with a power dynamic away from the red shirts and cementing our place the top table.

I don't care about perception, I care about City continuing to exist, that's the only win that matters right now.

Those haters will continue to hate us, regardless of a positive outcome for us.
Why shouldn’t we go for damages mate , they’ve fucked our image, and that Pep couldn’t do it without fiddling , I disagree tbh , always an out of court settlement.

Cheers TH , I just hate the over confidence of the PL , only because they seem confident of winning and no other reason , they’ve got a case together for a reason , if the PL lose this , as in we are totally cleared then they are absolutely fucked surely , with major remuneration coming our way.
Can’t see why there would be any remuneration, any more than there was from UEFA. Especially if we are found guilty of not submitting all the relevant evidence. They’d just say if we’d submitted everything it wouldn’t have gone as far as it has.

I agree with the idea that City will always be damned in the public eye as the red loving media go for us.

I appreciate also that going to Court is no one’s ( except the lawyers) idea of fun

But if we are found innocent the club seeks no redress? Surely this encourages further action and this nonsense never ends.

It's about picking our battles.

We still have to exist in the Premier League eco-system.

Better to have won the day and cleared our name in a legal setting, than the hyperbole of Talk Sport and Daily Mail.

If we clear our name, nobody in the media would dare trot out the accusations again, certainly not at the expense of a serious lawsuit.

We win in the judicial hearing, we win on and off the pitch in so many ways.

City essentially become bullet proof.

That's worth any point scoring seeking redress from a Premier League that is still ran like a cartel.

The independent regulator is our bonus outcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.