PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Think he meant us fans
Ahh right. I read it wrong, apologies to @tolmies hairdo.
I don't want any medicine. I want blood. I want to see some people/clubs swinging from the roof of the stadium. Perhaps have their heads in place of those never replaced blue lights, they used to shine out like a beacon of hope.

️ Former UEFA investigator Yves Leterme: “We had hard evidence against City. I'm convinced they committed fraud. Sponsor money was paid by the owner. They used an army of lawyers to obstruct us. The current PL investigation is broader than ours was.”

(Source: Mirror) https://t.co/L7Upy3s2NO
What hard evidence is this Yves? Oh that’s right emails spliced up and put back together to claim guilt. If Uefa’s case was so strong then why was it laughed out of CAS?

Come on mouthpiece, tell us all what proof you had? Joker

I'm 20 pages behind so someone else may have answered this already.

The answer is Yes, the issue will be decided on the balance of probabilities, just as the CAS case was.

However.

There is a basic principle that while the standard of proof does not change, the cogency of the evidence necessary to establish that augments according to the seriousness of the allegations. Take an allegation that the local authority makes against a parent it claims has physically abused a child. It is inherently less probable that a parent has deliberately broken a bone than it is that they have slapped a child. So while the standard of proof is the same either way, the quality of the evidence you need to show, on the balance of probability, that the parent broke the child’s bone deliberately is significantly higher than the quality of the evidence you need to show that the child was slapped.

Likewise in this case. What is alleged is there has been a serious, co-ordinated and sustained attempt to defraud our auditors, the premier league, UEFA and others over a period of a decade. Those are very serious allegations, and so the evidence needed to make them out has a different quality to the evidence needed to make out a much less serious accusation. So the evidence needed to establish, even on the balance of probabilities, very serious allegations must be very cogent otherwise the panel can’t be satisfied, even to that standard, simply because the allegations are so serious.

The accusations made against the club are very, very serious.

That being the case, the question the panel will ask itself is this: does the evidence satisfy us, on the balance of probabilities, that the particular charge brought by the Premier League is true? If the evidence lacks the cogency necessary to show we have committed serious breaches of not just PL rules but (as Petrusha has convincingly demonstrated) English criminal law then the charges will fail.

Which is precisely what I expect to happen.
What he said.

Why shouldn’t we go for damages mate , they’ve fucked our image, and that Pep couldn’t do it without fiddling , I disagree tbh , always an out of court settlement.

There is nothing that PL is doing that is against their rules.

There is no avenue to suing them over this after we win.

Some City fans need to understand this that we won't be 'going after' the PL, just like we didnt go after UEFA.

There is nothing that PL is doing that is against their rules.

There is no avenue to suing them over this after we win.

Some City fans need to understand this that we won't be 'going after' the PL, just like we didnt go after UEFA.
Some of the cartel clubs will have a new boss though, can't bully the government team they instruct to run our game. It'll certainly be the end of their bullshit threats and other teams will feel able to not suck their cocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.