PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's about picking our battles.

We still have to exist in the Premier League eco-system.

Better to have won the day and cleared our name in a legal setting, than the hyperbole of Talk Sport and Daily Mail.

If we clear our name, nobody in the media would dare trot out the accusations again, certainly not at the expense of a serious lawsuit.

We win in the judicial hearing, we win on and off the pitch in so many ways.

City essentially become bullet proof.

That's worth any point scoring seeking redress from a Premier League that is still ran like a cartel.

The independent regulator is our bonus outcome.

The Premier League landscape is changing rapidly.

When the investigation was opened we were the only Middle East owned team, and the top 6 was dominated by American hedge fund leech style ownership.

By the time the case is heard, City, United and Newcastle could all be ME owned and filling out the top 4 while Todd Boehly is rewriting the rules on heavy spending.

In fact if you think about it....of the clubs who wrote the letter, half of them will have been taken over and completely different people in charge if the Glazers go.

The war seems like it's already been won.

The law may be an ass, but it also trumps everything else.

Much as we all would love a moment on the court steps and Khaldoon shouting we are now going to bury people, the notion is fanciful.

Pep has already said it, the slurs and damage to our reputation is already done, how do we truly get that back.

We don't.

City are confident in our legal counsel and position, that will do for me. The bar is incredibly high for essentially sending our Club in to extinction and pariah status.

We clear our name in Court, not in the court of Public opinion. We will likely have to take a gulp of some form of medicine, but we shouldn't care about that if it doesn't kill us.
Taking a gulp of some form of medicine doesn't to me sound particularly confident.

Just to be clear, Rui Pinto didn't give this information to UEFA or the PL, he gave it to a European group of investigative reporters (I think after he was being investigated for hacking) which is where Der Spiegel got their information (I think that's the right way around). Both UEFA and the PL only had access to the online media reproductions of them, exactly the same way any of us have seen them. CAS only accepted them because we (eventually) supplied the originals.
The CAS report actually gives a very descriptive verdict on the admissibility of the leaked emails for anyone interested - they weren’t only accepted because City provided originals, because our stance was they were not admissible even to CAS. CAS argued that because UEFA were not involved in the hacking and determined that it was in the public interest to include them then they will remain admissible.

The verdict on that is here Pg38-41:
CAS Report

I don't see it that way. I believe the Premier League have had their hand forced by lobbying and also by us, in terms of our non cooperation.

We are guilty of that and I can only presume we are happy to take the pinch on that, as long as we get to defend ourselves on our terms.

I also don't see City looking for damages in any win for us, as the public narrative will be put to bed once and for all, with a power dynamic away from the red shirts and cementing our place the top table.

I don't care about perception, I care about City continuing to exist, that's the only win that matters right now.

Those haters will continue to hate us, regardless of a positive outcome for us.
Even if we lose we will continue to exist. Baffled why you are worrying about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.