PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You must agree mate surely , if this is about 20 cracks with the cane or 10, something doesn’t feel right.

Honestly, I don't think there is anything deep in the non-compliance at all. We got burned once at UEFA and we didn't trust the PL not to give info to some of the other clubs, I would guess. That's all it is, imo. Wait for an independent committee, accept the fine and move on.

I disagree. I do Not think we will be found to have failed to cooperate. We provided everything relevant. That did not happen with CAS and we admitted to refusing to cooperate due to concerns over leaks. CAS had NO CHOICE but to fine us for what we freely admitted. They dropped the fine amount following our plea in mitigation. Here we can argue that we provided relevant and appropriate documents. It appears that the PL have attempted to fish for other docs. We responded with a request for specificity. If the PL did not request docs with sufficient specificity then we had no obligation to provide those docs under the rules. Therefore no failure to cooperate.
To put it more simply UEFA never had to prove failure to cooperate as we admitted it. Here the PL have to prove our failure.

Interesting. That hadn't occurred to me. Any sources for that?

Listen mate I hope so , but getting off on a technicality, or non cooperation isn’t good enough to clear our name once and for all. There is a nervousness on here with our legal and financial experts , why ?
Gut feeling and/or fear of the consequences is why. The fact of the matter is nobody has seen the PL evidence or City's evidence so it's all guess work at this moment.

Some close to the club can obviously gauge the confidence in the camp but that's about it

Honestly, I don't think there is anything deep in the non-compliance at all. We got burned once at UEFA and we didn't trust the PL not to give info to some of the other clubs, I would guess. That's all it is, imo. Wait for an independent committee, accept the fine and move on.
Why should we accept a fine mate , come on seriously? The cheat slur will never go away ? It’s not about being sensitive as a fan , the club (?) and most definitely Pep, and us , the life blood of this club don’t deserve it , so what you’re basically saying is we are only 90% innocent ? Not good enough I’m afraid , Pep , the best manager on the planet will be labelled , you know it and so does every City fan know it.

Last edited:
Yeah , tend to agree , irrefutable proof ? So what is it City ? Could we have put a stop to this before the charges were made ? There is obviously something cooked about the books even in a minor way isn’t there ? It’s all about getting out of this with a clean nose as possible , if that’s the case then the cheat slur , and the damage done to Peps legacy will never go away, or the club’s previously to him.
For arguments sake let’s say the books are fine and it’s all about a fair hearing. The media assignation was going to happen anyway. For city not to show the irrefutable evidence to the premiership before they charged at the very least shows the extent to which our relationship with them has deteriorated. We all know who runs the league so it’s no surprise. The cartel has done its job. Can’t compete so try and ruin us of the field.

For what it’s worth I am of the opinion that the books are fine. It would be disrespectful towards Khaldoon in particular to think otherwise. I won’t buy into the cheat narrative at all unless clearly shown in a court of law.

Last edited:
Gut feeling and/or fear of the consequences is why. The fact of the matter is nobody has seen the PL evidence or City's evidence so it's all guess work at this moment.

Some close to the club can obviously gauge the confidence in the camp but that's about it
I hope so mate , I just don’t like the obvious nervousness of our fans on here who have a legal grasp or financial acumen, not one has said we are 100% innocent , it’s all about getting away with this on a technicality. We will always be chests in the eyes of everyone, and the press will continue to go to town on us , we are either 100% innocent or not . Rant over !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.