PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Thanks for that. I might have missed that report. Easy and clear to read and understand.

Blame the accountants. Bunch of rags tripped us up.

Why have city not presented the proof needed to stop the investigation? If we are stonewalling the opposition to this extent. We must have decided that (a) we wanted an independent tribunal to fully clear us and take the media character assassination. Or (b) something in those accounts can be interpreted to show guilt and give the premier league the chance to follow through with their claims.

Grandstanding by the league. Only loser is city, and the fans. I can understand city not wanting to open the books with the leaks out of Uefa. I can’t get my head around the irrefutable proof v brand defamation. The relationship is poisonous now anyway.
The club’s stance is that we *have* provided it.

Problem is, the EPL acts as a kangaroo court. It has no legal power or standing, no judges nor a jury, and as an organisation itself it is only made up of it’s own member clubs.

It’s press releases contradict our press releases, only one can be accurate. But who gets to decide that? Not the league, aka the very same clubs making the accusation, surely?

An excellent post.I’ve a funny feeling there are other hacked emails bouncing around , and why shouldn’t there be when you think about it, hackers have no morals and neither did Der Spiegel.Time barred emails eh ? Something isn’t right , if this is about coming out of this with a not so bloody nose then I’m sorry , the club has royally fucked up, I’ll bet we are unhackable as a club now aren’t we ? Now we’ve stepped security up , that’s two breaches - wether it’s passed around passwords - or hacking , they are still the same if used against the club.
Clearly there are no more emails at Der Spiegel, or they would have published them. So the only other source could have been Pinto himself. I am not sure he has had the time or opportunity for the last two years. I doubt they have any new emails, but even if they did, emails by themselves mean nothing.

I suppose we will see. If the club can put up a good case for the Etisalat transactions, they can put up a good case for anything. :)

The rest, I think, we probably have covered.

There was a certain individuals emails that were hacked at the club wasn’t there ? The only simple question I will ask , is that person still employed by the club ? If he isn’t (and the club may have said he’s moved on to pastures new ???) then why isn’t he still here if he/she hadn’t dropped an almighty clanger? I’m not sensationalising , it’s a decent question.

The club’s stance is that we *have* provided it.

Problem is, the EPL acts as a kangaroo court. It has no legal power or standing, no judges nor a jury, and as an organisation itself it is only made up of it’s own member clubs.

It’s press releases contradict our press releases, only one can be accurate. But who gets to decide that? Not the league, aka the very same clubs making the accusation, surely?
We’ve only proved it if we have seen all the hacked emails ?

Clearly there are no more emails at Der Spiegel, or they would have published them. So the only other source could have been Pinto himself. I am not sure he has had the time or opportunity for the last two years. I doubt they have any new emails, but even if they did, emails by themselves mean nothing.

I suppose we will see. If the club can put up a good case for the Etisalat transactions, they can put up a good case for anything. :)

The rest, I think, we probably have covered.
Listen mate I hope so , but getting off on a technicality, or non cooperation isn’t good enough to clear our name once and for all. There is a nervousness on here with our legal and financial experts , why ?

They'll find us guilty of what CAS found us guilty of - not complying with UEFA FFP investigation. That'll be enough to fine us. And that will be enough for the press and rival fans to continue calling us cheats and that our titles are all tarnished. Fuck em all!
I disagree. I do Not think we will be found to have failed to cooperate. We provided everything relevant. That did not happen with CAS and we admitted to refusing to cooperate due to concerns over leaks. CAS had NO CHOICE but to fine us for what we freely admitted. They dropped the fine amount following our plea in mitigation. Here we can argue that we provided relevant and appropriate documents. It appears that the PL have attempted to fish for other docs. We responded with a request for specificity. If the PL did not request docs with sufficient specificity then we had no obligation to provide those docs under the rules. Therefore no failure to cooperate.
To put it more simply UEFA never had to prove failure to cooperate as we admitted it. Here the PL have to prove our failure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.