PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don’t know where this should go probably media thread or Newcastle thread but think it’s better here.

Martin Lipton was on talkshite before discussing the revelations in the US golf case where some guy at Newcastle cannot testify because he is part of the Saudi state. But Newcastle promised they where not owned by the Saudi state.

He called us state owned

Said pressure came from the government in relation to the takeover seeming to imply it came to make sure the state was not involved as states have been allowed to own clubs in the past PSG (in his view us) and nothing in rules to stop it.

The talkshite presenters said how informative he was

I appreciate it’s a different club different circumstances not about FFP

However I think it shows the media don’t understand things and the financial let alone Middle Eastern.

Amanda at Newcastle said the ownership group are just like a pension fund they laughed I don’t think that’s really true.

But let’s suppose that the Tote or post office prior to privatization, King Charles or the Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund bought a club.

Would people be claiming that PM or a minister was running the clubs ? Or that PM of Norway was or the King ? No they would say they are being run by managers executives etc.

It’s possible to be a politician and have private business or even be on the board of state companies or in charge of the department of which they report to and not be involved in the day to day running of them

I don’t see it as unsurprising that the guy in charge of Newcastle is claiming government immunity whilst also claiming the state does not own Newcastle

I would be mightily pissed off if we are fined by the prem and city don’t fight it. It’s was bad enough taking a pinch twice.

Hard to contest a punishment for not co-operating when the rules say you have to co-operate. Assuming the club didn't co-operate unreasonably, of course. Who knows what the charges actually are?

If its ends up in a face saving exercise & City get what they want out of the negotiations, I would imagine there will be NDA involved.
I imagine your right and I don’t mind to some extent I don’t expect us to go after the premier league and red clubs but I want us to not only beat the charges but clear our name if the NDA means the charges are dropped but we don’t explain why we will still be seen as guilty

I think it’s time we released on headed paper a letter asking the premier league to investigate the other 19 clubs yearly financial statements.

Start with the rags and the dodgy offshore accounts then head to dipperland and ask why they made up a stadium rebuild to dodge ffp. Moving on down south to London and the hidden Russia ruble. Soft loan this and soft loan that. Maybe check in with the Rwanda relief club!

As for the rest…fuck em.
Absofuckinglutely

I think it’s time we released on headed paper a letter asking the premier league to investigate the other 19 clubs yearly financial statements.

Start with the rags and the dodgy offshore accounts then head to dipperland and ask why they made up a stadium rebuild to dodge ffp. Moving on down south to London and the hidden Russia ruble. Soft loan this and soft loan that. Maybe check in with the Rwanda relief club!

As for the rest…fuck em.
As i would love for the club to do this given united are being investegated by hmrc (yet we arent) I doubt the club are going to do this publically unfortunalty. I think they will want it all put to bed with our innoncence in tact as we have to unfortunatly deal with these other clubs. But i would be asking publicly why those other 6 dont want a independent regualator. I also suspect pep will do one of his world class press confrences once we are cleared

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.