PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

He won't though, will he. Even if we"re cleared of every single charge, we'll still be guilty in the eyes of cretins like Jordan and the other media arseholes.
He won’t admit he was wrong, he’s gone far to deep in his criticism towards City and our finances. But you’ll be able to see hurt through his body language, no doubt about it.

I don’t know where this should go probably media thread or Newcastle thread but think it’s better here.

Martin Lipton was on talkshite before discussing the revelations in the US golf case where some guy at Newcastle cannot testify because he is part of the Saudi state. But Newcastle promised they where not owned by the Saudi state.

He called us state owned

Said pressure came from the government in relation to the takeover seeming to imply it came to make sure the state was not involved as states have been allowed to own clubs in the past PSG (in his view us) and nothing in rules to stop it.

The talkshite presenters said how informative he was

I appreciate it’s a different club different circumstances not about FFP

However I think it shows the media don’t understand things and the financial let alone Middle Eastern.

Amanda at Newcastle said the ownership group are just like a pension fund they laughed I don’t think that’s really true.

But let’s suppose that the Tote or post office prior to privatization, King Charles or the Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund bought a club.

Would people be claiming that PM or a minister was running the clubs ? Or that PM of Norway was or the King ? No they would say they are being run by managers executives etc.

It’s possible to be a politician and have private business or even be on the board of state companies or in charge of the department of which they report to and not be involved in the day to day running of them

I don’t see it as unsurprising that the guy in charge of Newcastle is claiming government immunity whilst also claiming the state does not own Newcastle
I think it's pretty clear the Saudi state (majority) owns Newcastle. PIF is a sovereign wealth fund in an absolute monarchy. But that isn't what the deal was afaik. It was that the Saudi state wouldn't be running the business which was a polite way of saying MBS would be nowhere near it, I think. It was a pretty weak compromise to get the deal done really, and it was always likely to end up in controversy.

In our case, we can show that we aren't state-owned, but it is probably fair to question Mansour's role in the government. Not right, but fair. Nothing important happens in these countries without some input from the highest level. I am sure Mansour got approval before buying City and I am sure we got the board we have because the highest levels want to make sure City portrays AD in the right way. None of this makes us state-owned, but it is a difficult concept to grasp for the hard-of-understanding.

Btw, in the same way, people should be questioning Standard Chartered's sponsorship of Liverpool, for example, or the betting industry's growing footprint in the game. Nothing illegal, but fair game for discussion, as long as it's from a starting point of knowledge and understanding, not just click-baiting.

Getting back on the topic of the thread,

IIRC in the CAS case, UEFA explicitly said that while HHSM was contradicting their version of events, they were definitely not calling him a liar, and that he didn't necessarily have to be misleading the court to be wrong.

I would assume the Premier League would couch any allegations with similar wording to get around the very uncomfortable idea of throwing fraud accusations at the deputy PM of one of our biggest allies.
I think the nature of the allegations presented remove that possibility this time around.

I don’t know where this should go probably media thread or Newcastle thread but think it’s better here.

Martin Lipton was on talkshite before discussing the revelations in the US golf case where some guy at Newcastle cannot testify because he is part of the Saudi state. But Newcastle promised they where not owned by the Saudi state.

He called us state owned

Said pressure came from the government in relation to the takeover seeming to imply it came to make sure the state was not involved as states have been allowed to own clubs in the past PSG (in his view us) and nothing in rules to stop it.

The talkshite presenters said how informative he was

I appreciate it’s a different club different circumstances not about FFP

However I think it shows the media don’t understand things and the financial let alone Middle Eastern.

Amanda at Newcastle said the ownership group are just like a pension fund they laughed I don’t think that’s really true.

But let’s suppose that the Tote or post office prior to privatization, King Charles or the Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund bought a club.

Would people be claiming that PM or a minister was running the clubs ? Or that PM of Norway was or the King ? No they would say they are being run by managers executives etc.

It’s possible to be a politician and have private business or even be on the board of state companies or in charge of the department of which they report to and not be involved in the day to day running of them

I don’t see it as unsurprising that the guy in charge of Newcastle is claiming government immunity whilst also claiming the state does not own Newcastle
Martin Lipton is a ****.

Talks like he's some big cheese.

Spurs fan. Bitter spurs fan.

Which stakeholders would he be representing?

Owners? There are some serious business people involved currently or in the past with owning clubs who could better represent the interests of owners.

Broadcasters? He is a nothing in broadcasting.

Players? There are unions and many associations to represent players.

What other stakes does he have in this game? Wore a red shirt? Is an opinionated bore?

He has nothing at all to bring to an independent regulator.
I was involved when a government regulator was set up in a specific industry around 15 years ago. I created a support organization for interested stakeholders that were at that time unrepresented. As Chairman I sat in all the stakeholder meetings. It took me 3 months to get in those meetings. It really was not that difficult to do.

He won't though, will he. Even if we"re cleared of every single charge, we'll still be guilty in the eyes of cretins like Jordan and the other media arseholes.

I recently heard him tell a Blue calling in that we weren't exonorated by CAS we escaped on a technicality. The man's a prize **** and will be until the day he dies.

Once City are cleared and the pl start an in depth investigation into the other 19 clubs.
Will the rags be in trouble as their shirt sponsors clearly over reached their deal. Didnt the shirt sponsor go bust ?. That smells
Didnt the car shirt sponsor stop selling in the uk due to lack of sales. That's two dodge shirt sponsors.

The dippers are sponsored by a money laundering gun running bank.

Leicester are sponsored by their owner , I think I read somewhere.

The pl are going to be really busy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.