PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I look at it this way. If I was injured in a car accident and was given a pay out for my injuries, a prosecution for say, dangerous driving would still take place. The settlement has no bearing on the breaking of rules or the law.
That's pretty much been what I've said about it too.

Surely the out of court settlement, only stops City being able to seek any further damages. It shouldn't be a free pass for Liverpool.

The FA(and the PL for that matter since it's in their rules also if I'm not mistaken) on the other hand, have a duty on their side of it for such breaches. The journos and pundits have been repeating rhetoric like that ever since the hacked emails surfaced. What example are they setting exactly, by allowing clubs to hack into other clubs with no consequences? Is that acceptable conduct for a club representing the Premier League, or the top level of this sport?

On top of that, weren't there some people claiming they did the same thing to Spurs when they recruited some of their staff?

Any updates?
Yep, the PL, FA, EFL, UEFA & FIFA are all organisations led by old fat **** excuses for men who are neck deep in their own shit filled cesspits of corruption, who think their gravy train will never stop. Let's hope City give these cunts a reality check and come out fighting and meet these fuckers head on...

Yep, the PL, FA, EFL, UEFA & FIFA are all organisations led by old fat **** excuses for men who are neck deep in their own shit filled cesspits of corruption, who think their gravy train will never stop. Let's hope City give these cunts a reality check and come out fighting and meet these fuckers head on...

My mum tells me a funny story of the time we met Cyril at the market in Rochdale when I was about 3, He bent over to talk to me and I innocently turned to her whilst he was in earshot and asked my mum why is that man so fat lol!
I can't remember the story, but I wish I'd kicked him hard in the nuts instead Noncy ****!
It looks like you got off lightly. Smith was a serial paedophile but, like Savile, his noncing wasn't discovered (disclosed?) until after his death.

Our acceptance is one thing but an investigation could show that the dips 'gained' points etc which would effect other teams positions and in turn messes with the integrity of the PL.

They should therefore be fined/points deductions etc considered.
And the chances of proving that they "gained points" by accessing our scouting database would be how low? It took place for 8 months at the start of the 2012/13 season, their finishing positions for that season and the next 3 was 7th, 2nd, 6th & 8th so you'd struggle to say it helped much.

I'd guess City would have been asked their opinion when the FA became aware of it (presuming they weren't already). It would seem that they were happy to put it to bed so the FA wouldn't have pushed it any further (perhaps, we'll never know what went on behind closed doors). Maybe we could have been in trouble for allowing it to go on so long with no one any the wiser?

The positive aspect of it BTW was that we accelerated our signing of Fernandinho so it worked out well in the end.

I’m of the opinion mate that they have something on us, is the guy named (because he was) still employed by the club? Listen mate , I agree with you , but come on , something isn’t right , and it’s down to hacked emails , surely you can see that?
Hacker didn’t work for us, allegedly worked for Liverpool but we don’t know.

There is no point in hacking a system that you already have access to

Hacker didn’t work for us, allegedly worked for Liverpool but we don’t know.

There is no point in hacking a system that you already have access to
They took 3 of our scouting staff and they used the log in details of someone that still worked for us, no "hacking" as such took place. Just unauthorised access (and I'm still not accepting that they're one and the same :) ) over an 8 month period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.