PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Pinto (or whoever) hacked our email servers, not Liverpool's.

He also hacked Benfica's, Bayern Munich's(?), Doyen Sports (hence the Ronaldo alleged rape emails), a bank in the Cayman Isles, the Portuguese police team investigating him plus one of the judges in his case and many, many others.

That doesn't mean he's hacked the entire world.
This does make you wonder if, the club were approached by Pinto, or his representative, to try blackmail us.

Saved me the time and effort.
And it's also important to point out that our accounts, and any supporting documents, form the basis for whether we've complied with the PL's Sustainability rules and FFP.

I suspect the fact that any under or overstatement of our financial position still wouldn't actually have led to a breach in either case is likely to be irrelevant. If they find us guilty of falsifying our accounts then the PL/FFP charges pretty well automatically stand as well.

On the other hand, if they find that we haven't falsified our accounts then the chances are that the PL/FFP charges fall by default.

There's some garbage in the DS content eg really derogatory statements about our owners from Uli Hoenes, but they don't mention he's a criminal, convicted of really serious Tax fraud. In an article about Tevez they claim he left because life at MCFC didn't meet his exacting standards, as if we were beneath him. Completey omitted he'd been caught driving while banned and sentenced to 100 odd hours of community work eg painting park benches in Macc.
They couldn't even sue in the USA re. the Tevez reference and they sue each other if their morning boiled eggs are too hard.

I agree that PL had to look into it once uefa raised it but I do think the PL actually feel rules have been broken. Following the arbitration case in 2021 city had to supply info (I assume they did) so the PL could quite easily have said they saw the documents and their is no case to answer.

That they have progressed this and the considerable risk of claims if they lose does make me feel this way. For clarity I am not saying city are guilty just that I don't think the PL would have rushed into it with what could be at stake.
Nothing at stake for PL as at the very least we'll receive a fine for non-cooperation.

And it's also important to point out that our accounts, and any supporting documents, form the basis for whether we've complied with the PL's Sustainability rules and FFP.

I suspect the fact that any under or overstatement of our financial position still wouldn't actually have led to a breach in either case is likely to be irrelevant. If they find us guilty of falsifying our accounts then the PL/FFP charges pretty well automatically stand as well.

On the other hand, if they find that we haven't falsified our accounts then the chances are that the PL/FFP charges fall by default.

Could you explain that a bit more, PB? I think I missed the point ......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.