PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Hey chaps.

As you can guess from my input this issue is one I find fascinating and I hope that my input is viewed as constructive because that’s my intention
As it’s obvious I am not a City supporter I am desperately trying not to be too judgmental but if I stray too far from just discussing process please point it out
You're not a City supporter but you've posted 234 messages on Bluemoon ?. Are you sufficiently fascinated by this issue to have read the CAS settlement document, probably not. The Chairman and CEO of Ethihad Airways testified under oath (in a Swiss court ie CAS) that he authorised the sponsorship of MCFC by Ethihad Airways. So the notion of disguised equity seems to be based on the fact the owners of MCFC and Ethihad Airways were from the same country. So was the sponsorship of MUFC (owned by Americans) by General Motor's also American disguised equity funding ?. Perhaps you might like to clarify ?

I believe Dodge believes what he was told but I don't believe it and I won't believe it until someone for once actually comes up with the smallest, slightest bit of actual proof.

We have 1700 pages speculating that the PL have no actual proof of the charges they have brought against us but we are supposed to believe there is evidence that will destroy the PL based on 'my mate said' ?
You are Mr Gradgrind and I claim my shilling.

Sorry but I think it’s your good self that isn’t seeing the issue.

It’s nothing to do with paying tax in the UAE or indeed in Italy. It’s not in the PLs to rule on tax matters nor are they making comment or charging City with any IT issues it’s quite simply was the money paid to Mancini or his company really for work in the UAE or was it a way of paying him for work at City but not paid by City.
Impossible to prove that...

The definition of a forum is a platform where ideas and views on an issue can be exchanged. 1700 pages of facts would be impossible, even in the proceedings.

Very true, but I only asked for the 'smallest', 'slightest' bit of proof.
My comment was that some are only too willing to outrightly dismiss the PL charges as being unfounded I.e. without evidence but are only too willing to believe an outright rumour that also has no evidence.

thankfully we have Lord Pannick to represent City and not me :-)

You're not a City supporter but you've posted 234 messages on Bluemoon ?. Are you sufficiently fascinated by this issue to have read the CAS settlement document, probably not. The Chairman and CEO of Ethihad Airways testified under oath (in a Swiss court ie CAS) that he authorised the sponsorship of MCFC by Ethihad Airways. So the notion of disguised equity seems to be based on the fact the owners of MCFC and Ethihad Airways were from the same country. So was the sponsorship of MUFC (owned by Americans) by General Motor's also American disguised equity funding ?. Perhaps you might like to clarify ?
Given he seems to be a Chelsea fan, probably not...

Sorry but I think it’s your good self that isn’t seeing the issue.

It’s nothing to do with paying tax in the UAE or indeed in Italy. It’s not in the PLs to rule on tax matters nor are they making comment or charging City with any IT issues it’s quite simply was the money paid to Mancini or his company really for work in the UAE or was it a way of paying him for work at City but not paid by City.
No you’re not getting it half this thread has been about tax and proper accounting rules and what is or is not fraud not FFP and the Premier League rules. The most informative posters have mostly actually been talking about accounting rules tax and fraud etc not FFP and the Premier League.

My posts about tax was in response to other posts about the subject.

I think it is important for the fans that we understand the implications of these allegations beyond FFP don’t you.

Oh I have read the ruling several times.

The bulk of my postings, if you check back we’re not in this thread although I have posted quite a few over the last few days.

You are right that the Chairman and CEO testified but was it under oath? It wasn’t in a Swiss Court at all it used Swiss Law which won’t be the case when the PL tribunal takes place.

The reality is , if you read the CAS ruling it was more about UEFA not meeting the threshold it wasn’t for CAS to argue UEfAs it was for UEFA to prove matters and that they didn’t. My point is and continues to be in terms of process the PL will and almost certainly pursued disclosure. If you read the CAS report they made significant comment re UEFAs approach and how they couldn’t or wouldn’t make any presumption re matters when UEFA in effect just gave up. I just can’t see how knowing that the PL won’t learn from that.

As for General Motors and Man Utd it’s a completely different matter and to be honest not relevant.

As an aside I deplore the way in which FFP is administered I truly believe if the owner a benefactor wants to put their own money in then I personally don’t see t(e problem but if you play in a league in a league or a competition then you have to abide by the rules or just opt out.

No you’re not getting it half this thread has been about tax and proper accounting rules and what is or is not fraud not FFP and the Premier League rules. The most informative posters have mostly actually been talking about accounting rules tax and fraud etc not FFP and the Premier League.

My posts about tax was in response to other posts about the subject.

I think it is important for the fans that we understand the implications of these allegations beyond FFP don’t you.

They have but as has been mentioned on numerous occasions this isn’t prima about FFP nor does it seem that HMRC have challenged anything . They may but there again they may not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.