PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don’t believe any of this happened but looking at the allegations I don’t know or follow I am afraid.

If Mancini was paid by a club in the UAE for work that was actually for Man City I would assume he would have paid tax in the UAE not here that’s where it came from after all and it would be odd to volunteer to pay more tax pay tax in a country where the money did not come from. What would the implications be of paying tax in the UK where it was actually earned but having received it from / in the UAE would he have to pay it in both. Are any check carried out by other bodies in football etc ? Would they say hold on ur City contract says ur paid x but you have paid more tax as if your paid y
For example I live in Spain for more than 6 months of each Spanish fiscal year so the Treaty makes me a Spanish Taxpayer so they tax me accordingly for all earnings in the UK.
HMRC instruct my pension people etc to pay me gross (ie my code becomes NT)

Many other countries have a similar agreement if bound by the Treaty as per Gov Treaty Guide in my last post.

As I have pointed out many times I detest the way in which FFP was finally implemented. It should have been all about debt If wealthy people want to put money into football that’s fine by me but alas thats not what the PL and UEFA eventually went with.
I might have missed you saying it but who do you support again?
Genuine question by the way.

I would suggest they actually have more knowledge of the subject than many on here, I'm not sure which bit you think is wumming but I've not seen anything.

If posts were restricted to only people who knew what they were talking about on here then we'd have only around 5 pages rather than 1,700 plus.

I respect you as a poster on here and agree with your posts usually, but in this case he is a clear know fùck all IMO and is definitely a WUM, the fact he is a fan of Chelsea and appearing to lecture about finance of any kind is also fucked up.

He repeats the same Mancini & image rights issues in nearly every post, even though both have been repeatedly addressed, and I fail to see what point he is making with these posts by constantly repeating them, apart from as I said, being a WUM.

Anyhow, will agree to differ on our opinions of his intent on being on here.

Just to note, the prick can’t even spell lose (loose), and bizarrely refers to City’s as Cities when talking about City, and yet some want to declare the fûckwit a financial genius (not saying you do).

As I have pointed out many times I detest the way in which FFP was finally implemented. It should have been all about debt If wealthy people want to put money into football that’s fine by me but alas thats not what the PL and UEFA eventually went with.

No shit sherlock......of course that's what they fucking went with...... because FFP was invented,by those who had most to lose,for no other reason than to target us.

I respect you as a poster on here and agree with your posts usually, but in this case he is a clear know fùck all IMO and is definitely a WUM, the fact he is a fan of Chelsea and appearing to lecture about finance of any kind is also fucked up.

He repeats the same Mancini & image rights issues in nearly every post, even though both have been repeatedly addressed, and I fail to see what point he is making with these posts by constantly repeating them, apart from as I said, being a WUM.

Anyhow, will agree to differ on our opinions of his intent on being on here.

Just to note, the prick can’t even spell lose (loose), and bizarrely refers to City’s as Cities when talking about City, and yet some want to declare the fûckwit a financial genius (not saying you do).
I'm not sure if I've mixed them up with another poster now :(

Is it them that claim to have previous financial experience with a lower league or non league club?

Trying to stay out of these re-runs of multiple arguments but HMRC and tax on Mancini is a complete red herring. Firstly, it’s way too long ago for HMRC to go after. Second, it’s immaterial. Thirdly, if the serious charges are proved, all hell breaks loose far beyond HMRC but in any event, post restatement, City would have much *bigger* tax losses to carry forward - they will, theoretically, owe less tax not more. Either way, Mancini’s consultancy is a total side show.

I'm not sure if I've mixed them up with another poster now :(

Is it them that claim to have previous financial experience with a lower league or non league club?
Yes, I believe he stated fifth or sixth tier, which is fair enough (if true), as would give the person some understanding of football finances, though obviously not on the scale of City.

I have no problem with whoever posting their opinion and certainly respect those who clearly have a grasp of the actual issues with the many charges and the associated consequences. I personally never thought being a City fan would involve having to constantly read up on such matters (maybe one of the experts on here could set up an online course for us to brush up our football finance skills, haha), and again have no problem with those offering different viewpoints which spell out the negatives and not just the positives, IMO the poster offers nothing on such issues apart from his personal hopes and wishes that City fail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.