PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m not saying I agree with everything @terraloon has said on this thread but I do believe he’s posting on here in good faith and he has been a member of this forum for years, long pre-dating this investigation. Why? Because I remember him from when he used to post on Untold Arsenal, swimming against the tide of the rampant paranoia and lunacy that populates that forum. If anyone thinks this place is a madhouse (and it most certainly can be at times) then multiply it by ten and that’s what UA is. At times it was literally him and me taking on virtually everyone else in the comments section of the latest article posted by site owner Tony Attwood or his lunatic sidekick Walter Broeckx!
Tony Atwood. There’s a loon. Wrote how City were going bust because Etihad was making losses! Anyone calling out his nonsense cannot be all bad.

Thank you for the reply, my question re MUFC was rhetorical. The point I try to make to non supporters of MCFC is as follows. What compelling and irrefutable evidence do the PL have that proves the sponsorship of MCFC by Etihad Airways was disguised equity. The overwhelming link in the MSM is always common country of origin, this is just blatant xenophobia, hence my question.
The new PL rules could be interpreted as saying a common country of origin of both owner and sponsor automatically raises the question of “associated parties”. Note that the PL have introduced this new concept as it is clear that our sponsorship by AbuDhabi companies are not related as defined by IAS24. Stevan’s view was that these rules were aimed squarely at us, noting the inclusion of group membership as another stick to beat us with.

Surely Tax Treaties between countries sort out which of them taxes the global income of a person.?
In other words it is possible that a person can earn most of their income in UK but be taxed on the whole of that income in another country.

I don’t believe any of this happened but looking at the allegations I don’t know or follow I am afraid.

If Mancini was paid by a club in the UAE for work that was actually for Man City I would assume he would have paid tax in the UAE not here that’s where it came from after all and it would be odd to volunteer to pay more tax pay tax in a country where the money did not come from. What would the implications be of paying tax in the UK where it was actually earned but having received it from / in the UAE would he have to pay it in both. Are any check carried out by other bodies in football etc ? Would they say hold on ur City contract says ur paid x but you have paid more tax as if your paid y

Not a useful point but coming on to this thread is deflating.

Not through what is said by anyone but us having to go through this tiresome witch-hunt.

You could say well don’t look at the thread but it’s one of the very few media sources I trust (though some theories seem a bit far fetched). And we can’t bury our heads in the sand over something so important.

So I visit twice a day.

Again what’s your point ? What are you trying to get me to say in my posts or stay away from ? The tax points ? Should we not be discussing it when it perhaps has bigger implications than what’s going on with the Premier League ? Why can other discuss it without you pulling them up on it ?
The point I was trying to make is

Was it because of FFP City Group paid Mancini in the way they did, outsourced IR or because they did the FFP charges followed?

Why I make the point is the MancinI money for instance really was insignificant in the overall scheme of things

You are talking about what happens if the charges are proven around unpaid personal taxes then being disclosed . At this time that really isn’t an issue but even if the charges are proven I really can’t see that there are any extra tax implications save image rights.

HMRC we’re already all over image rights issue within the industry and yes the way in which City dealt with them for the period in question complicates matters but their structure isn’t or wasn’t illegal at worse it will be viewed as contrary to PL rules.

Almost certainly going forward City will or have had to agree a settlement with HMRC but that would be the case even if these charges hadn’t been laid

Again I really can’t see that Mancini’s dual contracts were contrary to UK taxation rules and I would be staggered if his accountants or the City group haven’t declared the income meaning it will have already been taxed be it in the UK, in the UAE or most likely in Italy.

edit. the fact there is a contract between Mancinis company and the UAE club is fact. Was it a way of disguising income that will be a subjective call by the tribunal using a lower burden of proof than will be required if the UK tax authorities decide to get involved but my view was and still is HMRC will steer well clear of this if the money has been declared elsewhere

You then come on to the sponsorship that was neither understated or indeed did it come from illegal sources .
That isn't what is being said.
Unless I have missed something I am pretty sure that all the disputed payments can be tracked back to the likes of Ethiad. The claim is that the not all of it originated from the sponsors. I am not sure what if any tax implications there are or could be.

Then finally you are into the failure to engage with the investigation no tax implications there for me.

Last edited:
Not a useful point but coming on to this thread is deflating.

Not through what is said by anyone but us having to go through this tiresome witch-hunt.

You could say well don’t look at the thread but it’s one of the very few media sources I trust (though some theories seem a bit far fetched). And we can’t bury our heads in the sand over something so important.

So I visit twice a day.
It's looking more likely to be resolved sooner rather than later at this moment, although that may depend on the panels decision of course. Hopefully we can all rest easy in a few weeks or months.

The point I was trying to make is

Was it because of FFP City Group paid Mancini in the way they did, outsourced IR or because they did the FFP charges followed?

Why I make the point is the MancinI money for instance really was insignificant in the overall scheme of things

You are talking about what happens if the charges around unpaid personal taxes are then disclosed . At this time that really isn’t an issue but even if the charges are proven I really can’t see that there are any extra tax implications save image rights.

HMRC we’re already all over image rights issue within the industry and yes the way in which City dealt with them for the period in question complicates matters but their structure isn’t or wasn’t illegal at worse it will be viewed as contrary to PL rules.

Almost certainly going forward City will or have had to agree a settlement with HMRC but that would be the case even if these charges hadn’t been laid

Again I really can’t see that Mancini’s dual contracts were contrary to UK taxation rules and I would be staggered if his accounts Cities haven’t declared the income meaning it will have already been taxed be it in the UK, in the UAE or most likely in Italy.

edit. the fact there is a contract between Mancinis company and the UAE club is fact. Was it a way of disguising income that will be a subjective call by the tribunal using a lower burden of proof than will be required if the UK tax authorities decide to get involved but my view was and still is HMRC will steer well clear of this if the money has been declared elsewhere

You then come on to the sponsorship that was neither understated or indeed did it come from illegal sources .
That isn't what is being said.
Unless I have missed something I am pretty sure that all the disputed payments can be tracked back to the likes of Ethiad. The claim is that the not all of it originated from the sponsors. I am not sure what if any tax implications there are or could be.

Then finally you are into the failure to engage with the investigation no tax implications there for me.
Pretty much spot on I think excepting that the Etihad money did originate with the AD government but then it is the state airline. I think that was covered by the open skies investigation in the States.

Yep. I am a bit suspicious of other club's fans enjoying themselves too much on this thread but the guy seems a fair poster with some experience to share. Everyone should listen and make their own minds up.

As I have pointed out many times I detest the way in which FFP was finally implemented. It should have been all about debt If wealthy people want to put money into football that’s fine by me but alas thats not what the PL and UEFA eventually went with.

Absolutely 0% chance in my personal opinion as not even Lionel Hutz would allow his clients to turn down such a settlement.

Ultimately no matter how strong you believe your hand is, a trial (or tribunal) is a gamble that can go either way, if the prosecution is offering a sweet plea deal (such as an immaterial fine) you move heaven and earth to convince your client to take it.

City don’t employ stupid lawyers, so the fact the tribunal is moving forward is a very strong indication that no deals have been offered.
And what if SM and Khaldoon both say we're innocent so we're fighting it tooth and nail? Which is what Khaldoon has basically stated already.

Mate, take this whichever way you wish, you’re just another boring WUM with their own agenda going on about something you have fuck all idea about, couldn’t give a fuck who knows you or says you’re ok, your agenda and posts are crystal clear, just another know fùck all hoping and wishing some of the bollocks thrown at City sticks.

A Chelsea fan lecturing about City bending the rules, fuck me, and a few City fans backing you up, this place is really fucked up at times.
I would suggest they actually have more knowledge of the subject than many on here, I'm not sure which bit you think is wumming but I've not seen anything.

If posts were restricted to only people who knew what they were talking about on here then we'd have only around 5 pages rather than 1,700 plus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.