PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m not saying I agree with everything @terraloon has said on this thread but I do believe he’s posting on here in good faith and he has been a member of this forum for years, long pre-dating this investigation. Why? Because I remember him from when he used to post on Untold Arsenal, swimming against the tide of the rampant paranoia and lunacy that populates that forum. If anyone thinks this place is a madhouse (and it most certainly can be at times) then multiply it by ten and that’s what UA is. At times it was literally him and me taking on virtually everyone else in the comments section of the latest article posted by site owner Tony Attwood or his lunatic sidekick Walter Broeckx!
Rag(s).

where did the term Kangaroo court come from?

are we to believe that kangaroo have enough sentience to have a legal system? kangaroo barristers? kangaroo judges? What absolute lunacy!
Not just that but then they, as a society, decide to forgo justice and deliver the outcome that was pre determined by … who? A secret cabal of kangaroos?

Sounds like the fevered dream of a mad man.

Of course it is fact that targets shape behaviours . Clubs will no doubt push the boundaries it’s why most claim Chelsea offered such long contracts to many of the recent signings but based on the rules in place at the time they have to be allowed but the rules change.
Did City work within the FFP rules or did they not just bend them but broke other rules to present a picture that was intended to comply with FFP targets? That really is the question
Its akin to which comes first the chicken or the egg?
Mate, take this whichever way you wish, you’re just another boring WUM with their own agenda going on about something you have fuck all idea about, couldn’t give a fuck who knows you or says you’re ok, your agenda and posts are crystal clear, just another know fùck all hoping and wishing some of the bollocks thrown at City sticks.

A Chelsea fan lecturing about City bending the rules, fuck me, and a few City fans backing you up, this place is really fucked up at times.

I’m not saying I agree with everything @terraloon has said on this thread but I do believe he’s posting on here in good faith and he has been a member of this forum for years, long pre-dating this investigation. Why? Because I remember him from when he used to post on Untold Arsenal, swimming against the tide of the rampant paranoia and lunacy that populates that forum. If anyone thinks this place is a madhouse (and it most certainly can be at times) then multiply it by ten and that’s what UA is. At times it was literally him and me taking on virtually everyone else in the comments section of the latest article posted by site owner Tony Attwood or his lunatic sidekick Walter Broeckx!

Yep. I am a bit suspicious of other club's fans enjoying themselves too much on this thread but the guy seems a fair poster with some experience to share. Everyone should listen and make their own minds up.

You don't think City have already been offered that plea bargain?

Absolutely 0% chance in my personal opinion as not even Lionel Hutz would allow his clients to turn down such a settlement.

Ultimately no matter how strong you believe your hand is, a trial (or tribunal) is a gamble that can go either way, if the prosecution is offering a sweet plea deal (such as an immaterial fine) you move heaven and earth to convince your client to take it.

City don’t employ stupid lawyers, so the fact the tribunal is moving forward is a very strong indication that no deals have been offered.

Absolutely 0% chance in my personal opinion as not even Lionel Hutz would allow his clients to turn down such a settlement.

Ultimately no matter how strong you believe your hand is, a trial (or tribunal) is a gamble that can go either way, if the prosecution is offering a sweet plea deal (such as an immaterial fine) you move heaven and earth to convince your client to take it.

City don’t employ stupid lawyers, so the fact the tribunal is moving forward is a very strong indication that no deals have been offered.

I think plea deals are offered & accepted when the balance of evidence is available & the risk to both sides is understood.

My understanding is lawyers will build in that you accept the plea they recommend otherwise they can refuse to continue representing you.

Of course it is fact that targets shape behaviours . Clubs will no doubt push the boundaries it’s why most claim Chelsea offered such long contracts to many of the recent signings but based on the rules in place at the time they have to be allowed but the rules change.
Did City work within the FFP rules or did they not just bend them but broke other rules to present a picture that was intended to comply with FFP targets? That really is the question
Its akin to which comes first the chicken or the egg?
Again what’s your point ? What are you trying to get me to say in my posts or stay away from ? The tax points ? Should we not be discussing it when it perhaps has bigger implications than what’s going on with the Premier League ? Why can other discuss it without you pulling them up on it ?

You’re telling me HMRC won’t be interested in a large some of money paid to a high profile manager of a premier league club in a different country under a different tax regime instead of the one this one. If it was true income tax and national insurance would have been avoided
Surely Tax Treaties between countries sort out which of them taxes the global income of a person.?
In other words it is possible that a person can earn most of their income in UK but be taxed on the whole of that income in another country.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.