PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

So basically the premier league’s case is a red herring and doomed to fail but also succeed by allowing our rivals to catchup thus slowing down our dominance ?

I have read a lot of theories as to why the premier have acted so aggressively towards city and I think you maybe onto something here. It’s an absurd notion but is it beyond the realms of possibilities?

The seriousness and the enormity of the charges laid at city leave you too think they either have us by the balls or they actual have little or no proof apart from hacked emails and non compliance. Can’t charge us but can damage the brand and slow down our growth. Free hit essentially. Uefa did it so why can’t the league?

It’s all a con.

I don’t think it’s necessary doomed to fail. I’m just saying that regardless of the outcome there are a lot of potential positives for our rival clubs and the PL while this nouse is round our necks.

If it turns out the PL don’t have clear & obvious evidence and we get found not guilty of the serious charges, after feeling a huge sense of relief, then I’ll be slightly disturbed and think the nouse was the motive all along.

Oh, I don't think we can defend it. I think we are fucked on non-cooperation. I am just trying to get my head around what this list of breaches actually means.

And, as you can probably tell, I still don't see things the way others do.

I am very probably wrong but I owe it to myself to try to get it straight in my own mind.

The problem with many of us that aren’t lawyers is we use things like rights & wrongs based on our values & not the law.

Still think I’m right though ;)

As an avid reader of the last 1765 pages, I often imagine the PL lawyers following the thread with similar diligence. Sometimes making notes and sometimes laughing hysterically.
There not the only one laughing, some of the theories and conspiracies on here are borderline madness.

There not the only one laughing, some of the theories and conspiracies on here are borderline madness.

I can forgive people when we you consider that we are in trouble due to a Portuguese Cyber hacker who gave the material to a German tabloid who spliced emails to make them look dodgy.

I’ve not heard anything as mad as that.

I can forgive people when we you consider that we are in trouble due to a Portuguese Cyber hacker who gave the material to a German tabloid who spliced emails to make them look dodgy

...... encouraged by Americans from Liverpool sponsored by money launderers for the Iranian National Revolutionary Guard and Americans from Salford who hide their ill-gotten gains in the Cayman Islands.

...... encouraged by Americans from Liverpool sponsored by money launderers for the Iranian National Revolutionary Guard and Americans from Salford who hide their ill-gotten gains in the Cayman Islands.

using plutonium stolen from Libyan terrorists to energize a DeLorean time machine regulated by a “flux capacitor.”

I can forgive people when we you consider that we are in trouble due to a Portuguese Cyber hacker who gave the material to a German tabloid who spliced emails to make them look dodgy.

You think this is all down to that?

If it was you think the PL would risk so much?

I hope your right!

I continually remember that our sponsorship was accepted by UEFA as being of a fair value, under the relevant services to Etihad under the contract had unquestionably been provided, and Etihad had paid for the services in full, with the money coming direct from Etihad. And yet UEFA thought this conduct deserved a two-year ban from their competitions coupled with a fine of tens of millions of Euro.

I still think that such a penalty was clearly disproportionate even if UEFA had managed to prove that somehow equity funding was being injected under the above model. After all, the scheme, had it existed, would have entailed City gifting to Etihad for £8 million sponsorship services worth, according to UEFA's independent expert appraiser, many times that figure at the same time as denying the club itself an opportunity to seek a sponsor that the club wouldn't have to subsidise in this way.

Thus, the alleged scheme wouldn't have involved City illegitimately raising our income by funnelling into the club extra sponsorship funds beyond the fair value we could expect from a third-party sponsor. IMO, that's a salient point, to which UEFA paid no heed in determining the penalty. And a succession of lamebrained cunts acting in the utmost bad faith (I'm looking at you, Simon Jordan, among others) still claim that we did this despite the outcome of the UEFA case.

BUT. There's been a lot of comment on here that the PL are looking to cover matters not litigated at the CAS in the UEFA proceedings, and that's clearly true. However, the PL also seem to be litigating matters that were covered in those proceedings. I suppose there are motives for them to do that if they don't have any more serious evidence than UEFA had, but it would seem a strange course of action to me if they really don't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.