PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What evidence, do you have to back that up ?
We have actively looked for a new shirt/stadium sponsor for a considerable period and have employed an agency to do so.

No takers, incredible for a club so well run and so successful.

Our brand IS tainted in the UK and anyone is kidding themselves if they think any other.

We have the highest commercial revenue of all English clubs, and the third highest in Europe.
WE do but there is an argument it could be even higher and I believe it will be when we are cleared.

Do you genuinely believe the campaign to discredit our club has worked to an extent?

I do, and if it has, some sponsors have to be put off getting involved with us

"reputational damage" in this instance is totally superficial imo, restricted to no-marks on twitter and halfwit red shirt twats.

Where it matters there doesn't appear to have been any damage at all. Sponsors are still happy, targets are still being pursued and want to come to city, the north stand is still getting expanded etc. That can lead to the only conclusion that in the agents offices, sponsors boardrooms etc the situation has been briefed and they are all happy with our stance and where we expect the case to go.

Business as usual. MCFC OK

Last edited:
The huge advantage would be this monkey off our backs, once and for all?

It's a monkey that is now 12 years old and is the same monkey.

If the Execs think the same way as me, they don't give a fuck what other fans or media think, as long as we continue the thrive on and off the pitch, as we have done since they came in the door?

You can't argue with stupid, but you can leave them pissing in the wind and with nowhere else to go.

Like CAS, I didn't care how others wanted to interpret the verdict.

Same again, as long as we win, the rest is just partisan, boiled piss.

Those who want to be associated with us, will continue to do so.
I hope you are right mate. We need to win this one. even if we do the likes of Panja, Delaney & Harris will continue beating some form of fraudulent or human rights drum.

I can't see it stopping, as long as we win on the pitch, just let the piss boil

If they had that evidence, the Premier League would have already produced it.

I don't believe they are trying to catch us in a lie, produce a smoking gun at arbitration.

It's gone this far because we simply know everything you have brilliantly explained, we know the law better than they seemingly do and the bar is extremely high.

We've taken the smears, but I genuinely believe the Club and our executives have gamed the whole battle process out and accepted that downside to win the entire war.

The Premier League ran out of road and here we are.

Yep. I think they have been outplayed strategically and have been manipulated into a position they can't (or, at least, shouldn't be able to) win.

That said, you can never be certain what the outcome will be with legal matters.

I'm pretty relaxed about this whole thing, but like I said before, I was nervous about CAS and we breezed thought that one, so we are probably fucked this time :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.