PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yep. Same as with CAS, they have no option but to penalise non-cooperation or the whole thing falls apart. I doubt the club would contest a fine for that even if they may say they will at the moment.

If that happens, though, I hope DD is right and we have a better PR strategy to get the right message out.
It is different. In CAS we didn’t provide anything until it got to CAS. We stated we didn’t cooperate and CAS had no choice but to fine us for the non cooperation we admitted. Here we cooperated and provided what we believed to be relevant documents. When they asked for non specific or non existent documents we either couldn’t provide them or were unable to discern what documents they wanted. Those are defenses to non cooperation as opposed to simply throwing in the towel on the issue.
There is of course still a chance that we are found not to have cooperated and be fined, but at least this time we have a fighting chance.

It is different. In CAS we didn’t provide anything until it got to CAS. We stated we didn’t cooperate and CAS had no choice but to fine us for the non cooperation we admitted. Here we cooperated and provided what we believed to be relevant documents. When they asked for non specific or non existent documents we either couldn’t provide them or were unable to discern what documents they wanted. Those are defenses to non cooperation as opposed to simply throwing in the towel on the issue.
There is of course still a chance that we are found not to have cooperated and be fined, but at least this time we have a fighting chance.

This is true and I take your point. But I was thinking more of "contacting third parties" side of things. I presume the PL can't enforce a request for the club to get information from a third party for the investigation, but if the club says during the investigation that the third parties don't want to provide it, but we know it was provided at CAS or the club turn up at the independent panel with it, then presumably the club wasn't acting during the investigation in good faith?

Mehh, it's all hypothetical really, I suppose. Nobody really knows what the wrong-doings that led to the list of breaches actually are, so maybe I am wasting your time talking about it.

However the Al Jazira contract is nothing to do with Man City, it was between AJ and Mancini. We have no documents that relate to that contract. We cannot therefore provide them nor be accused of failing to provide them successfully.
Did the mancini stuff come about via der spiegel? We must have had a record of it for whatever reason for it to be hacked.

This is true and I take your point. But I was thinking more of "contacting third parties" side of things. I presume the PL can't enforce a request for the club to get information from a third party for the investigation, but if the club says during the investigation that the third parties don't want to provide it, but we know it was provided at CAS or the club turn up at the independent panel with it, then presumably the club wasn't acting during the investigation in good faith?

Mehh, it's all hypothetical really, I suppose. Nobody really knows what the wrong-doings that led to the list of breaches actually are, so maybe I am wasting your time talking about it.
We did provide info from third parties including Etihad at CAS as it was helpful. I have no doubt the same material will be produced by those same third parties to the panel.

Did the mancini stuff come about via der spiegel? We must have had a record of it for whatever reason for it to be hacked.
I think It was fairly well known that deal was in place prior to him becoming manager for us. It was not a secret in the industry.

I think it’s in the public domain that Nick’s wife sadly passed away in 2020, and I can only imagine how devastating that was for him and his kids. I sent him a message of condolence at the time, as these things obviously transcend football rivalries.

Like you, I am however a little concerned about his mental state and increasingly erratic behaviour over the last couple of years.

There was an incident on Twitter that he claimed led to an act of alleged vandalism at his house, in a fairly remote part of Scotland, a few years ago. Even though this was clearly nothing to do with me, and was never actually even verified (despite being reported as fact by Nick Cohen in The Guardian), he seemingly held me personally responsible and repeatedly threatened me with police action.

This escalated to the extent that the FWA and the club themselves became involved. A long story short, we eventually asked for a crime reference number and said I would fully co-operate with any investigation, upon which it all went quiet.

He did, however, block me on Twitter and then sent an abusive text message late one night (he had my mobile number as a result of the aforementioned stuff). A strange episode, from a strange man. I hope he gets the help that he needs, but am glad that I no longer have any interaction with him.

Christ mate, most of our fans can't even be arsed to stay beyond 85 minutes, never mind doorstep this clown in a remote part of Scotland ;)

It seems his bluff was well and truly called and he reverted to type again other other night when Stefen challenged his lies.

I'd go as far as to say he had a warped take on City well before his sad bereavement.

Don't engage with this guy, anyone.

You give him clicks and relevance in doing so.

Let him bark at the Blue Moon.

It's pretty clear that Nick Harris and the Miguel Deleney guy have serious issues. Almost like a sad obsession. Something must have triggered their hate? The level of obsession is utterly weird and clearly not a good sign of their current mental health status.

We are a better team than the redshit they support and they have been and clearly still are unable to deal with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.