PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This might be true to some extent. However, for the entire decade or more that he's been foaming at the mouth about City on social media, he's shown a willingness to belittle and abuse fans who've responded to him reasonably and politely in public. And I know that there are one or two more eye-opening stories about his conduct in private out there if posters are inclined to tell them.

The events related by @Ric above suggest that Harris has been getting worse as his obsession with City ramped up even further following the publication of the Der Spiegel articles in November 2018. Maybe that's coincided with the onset of the tragic circumstances in his personal life, and I certainly wouldn't wish those on anyone (even him). But, make no mistake, he's always been a pretty vile, despicable individual and that's what he remains.
Fair enough, no need to be vile to people.

That is desperately sad, and I feel as though he does need some form of formal intervention.

His obsessive, compulsive nature is very unhealthy and he needs some serious introspection. Calling yourself an expert in a field where you're unaware of many of the processes isn't a good look.

I've no personal problem with him other than he reports in a totally partisan and partial manner. You cannot on the one hand write an article out of Stefan's tweet re relegation, and then on the other completely dismiss Stefan's viewpoints on the actual matter...well I guess you can, if you're reporting in bad faith.
Why not surely that is what is expected from most of our media opponents?

I think it’s in the public domain that Nick’s wife sadly passed away in 2020, and I can only imagine how devastating that was for him and his kids. I sent him a message of condolence at the time, as these things obviously transcend football rivalries.

Like you, I am however a little concerned about his mental state and increasingly erratic behaviour over the last couple of years.

There was an incident on Twitter that he claimed led to an act of alleged vandalism at his house, in a fairly remote part of Scotland, a few years ago. Even though this was clearly nothing to do with me, and was never actually even verified (despite being reported as fact by Nick Cohen in The Guardian), he seemingly held me personally responsible and repeatedly threatened me with police action.

This escalated to the extent that the FWA and the club themselves became involved. A long story short, we eventually asked for a crime reference number and said I would fully co-operate with any investigation, upon which it all went quiet.

He did, however, block me on Twitter and then sent an abusive text message late one night (he had my mobile number as a result of the aforementioned stuff). A strange episode, from a strange man. I hope he gets the help that he needs, but am glad that I no longer have any interaction with him.
That's terrible Ric. Sorry you had to experience that.

You look at Harris's presence on Twitter and sort of joke about how he's obsessed, but you hear this and it's not funny anymore. Worry about how much deeper into the darkness he can go.

This might be true to some extent. However, for the entire decade or more that he's been foaming at the mouth about City on social media, he's shown a willingness to belittle and abuse fans who've responded to him reasonably and politely in public.

I think some of it just comes down to personal 'pride' to some extent. He puts himself out there as an 'expert', so he's desperate to be proven right, or what does his opinion become worth?

He picked his side a long time ago and everything that happens that goes against his opinion, and the feedback that he gets (some fair and reasoned, some I'm sure less polite) just gets him more and more defensive.

If he had any sense he'd start working his way back to the middle ground, before he totally loses the plot.

If he had any sense he'd start working his way back to the middle ground, before he totally loses the plot.

Ship's sailed.

City are now his primary focus, sports journalism is just the platform through which he can voice his thoughts.

Don't even want to think about what it'd do to his mental state if these charges against us are dropped.

Ship's sailed.

City are now his primary focus, sports journalism is just the platform through which he can voice his thoughts.

Don't even want to think about what it'd do to his mental state if these charges against us are dropped.
If the charges are dropped it will be blamed on a backhander without any evidence at all and it won’t change anything.

We need a full hearing and a clear judgment based on the facts. If the judgment goes completely in our favour it’s difficult to imagine how he handles it.

What’s most likely is that the judgment will be in our favour for all the most important charges and we’ll be found guilty on a small number of minor procedural charges. That will be enough to keep the **** going.

I think it’s in the public domain that Nick’s wife sadly passed away in 2020, and I can only imagine how devastating that was for him and his kids. I sent him a message of condolence at the time, as these things obviously transcend football rivalries.

Like you, I am however a little concerned about his mental state and increasingly erratic behaviour over the last couple of years.

There was an incident on Twitter that he claimed led to an act of alleged vandalism at his house, in a fairly remote part of Scotland, a few years ago. Even though this was clearly nothing to do with me, and was never actually even verified (despite being reported as fact by Nick Cohen in The Guardian), he seemingly held me personally responsible and repeatedly threatened me with police action.

This escalated to the extent that the FWA and the club themselves became involved. A long story short, we eventually asked for a crime reference number and said I would fully co-operate with any investigation, upon which it all went quiet.

He did, however, block me on Twitter and then sent an abusive text message late one night (he had my mobile number as a result of the aforementioned stuff). A strange episode, from a strange man. I hope he gets the help that he needs, but am glad that I no longer have any interaction with him.
What the fuck hahaha, the bloke is nuts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.