PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think it’s in the public domain that Nick’s wife sadly passed away in 2020, and I can only imagine how devastating that was for him and his kids. I sent him a message of condolence at the time, as these things obviously transcend football rivalries.

Like you, I am however a little concerned about his mental state and increasingly erratic behaviour over the last couple of years.

There was an incident on Twitter that he claimed led to an act of alleged vandalism at his house, in a fairly remote part of Scotland, a few years ago. Even though this was clearly nothing to do with me, and was never actually even verified (despite being reported as fact by Nick Cohen in The Guardian), he seemingly held me personally responsible and repeatedly threatened me with police action.

This escalated to the extent that the FWA and the club themselves became involved. A long story short, we eventually asked for a crime reference number and said I would fully co-operate with any investigation, upon which it all went quiet.

He did, however, block me on Twitter and then sent an abusive text message late one night (he had my mobile number as a result of the aforementioned stuff). A strange episode, from a strange man. I hope he gets the help that he needs, but am glad that I no longer have any interaction with him.

That is desperately sad, and I feel as though he does need some form of formal intervention.

His obsessive, compulsive nature is very unhealthy and he needs some serious introspection. Calling yourself an expert in a field where you're unaware of many of the processes isn't a good look.

I've no personal problem with him other than he reports in a totally partisan and partial manner. You cannot on the one hand write an article out of Stefan's tweet re relegation, and then on the other completely dismiss Stefan's viewpoints on the actual matter...well I guess you can, if you're reporting in bad faith.

I think it’s in the public domain that Nick’s wife sadly passed away in 2020, and I can only imagine how devastating that was for him and his kids. I sent him a message of condolence at the time, as these things obviously transcend football rivalries.

Like you, I am however a little concerned about his mental state and increasingly erratic behaviour over the last couple of years.

There was an incident on Twitter that he claimed led to an act of alleged vandalism at his house, in a fairly remote part of Scotland, a few years ago. Even though this was clearly nothing to do with me, and was never actually even verified (despite being reported as fact by Nick Cohen in The Guardian), he seemingly held me personally responsible and repeatedly threatened me with police action.

This escalated to the extent that the FWA and the club themselves became involved. A long story short, we eventually asked for a crime reference number and said I would fully co-operate with any investigation, upon which it all went quiet.

He did, however, block me on Twitter and then sent an abusive text message late one night (he had my mobile number as a result of the aforementioned stuff). A strange episode, from a strange man. I hope he gets the help that he needs, but am glad that I no longer have any interaction with him.
Nic Cohen states quite clearly that his objections to MCFC are based on a deep seated belief that HHSM should never been allowed to become an owner of an EPL club.

Of course he doesn't justify this on fair play or sporting grounds its because of things like human rights and employment practices and gender inequalities. He cant accept Western/Arabic cultural differences in any way without adopting the moral high ground. This is the age of hypocrisy and writers like him are the high priests.

The truth is we have an absolutely critical energy dependency on countries like UAE.

No doubt he gives himself a good talking to when he pops off on his travels, eg to Qatar for the World Cup to stay in 5 star luxury that really this ALL so wrong and that he should not be doing this on moral grounds because we in the West are so superior... yeah right...

On the other hand maybe he supports Spurs, and is so pissed off at winning only one trophy in 60 years he's more than happy to join the MSM pile-on against MCFC "on moral grounds" .. yeah right...

Last edited:
I never said it excused it , it just might explain his behaviour.

This might be true to some extent. However, for the entire decade or more that he's been foaming at the mouth about City on social media, he's shown a willingness to belittle and abuse fans who've responded to him reasonably and politely in public. And I know that there are one or two more eye-opening stories about his conduct in private out there if posters are inclined to tell them.

The events related by @Ric above suggest that Harris has been getting worse as his obsession with City ramped up even further following the publication of the Der Spiegel articles in November 2018. Maybe that's coincided with the onset of the tragic circumstances in his personal life, and I certainly wouldn't wish those on anyone (even him). But, make no mistake, he's always been a pretty vile, despicable individual and that's what he remains.

Re: the Mancini stuff isn't the issue not that he also had a contract with Al Jazeera but that the DS leaks showed City finance guys were sorting the money? There is a 50 odd page pdf with his contracts and some bank transfers or something.

From memory the PL rules we were charged with breaking were around logging a copy of his contract with the PL. Later rules (which I think also covers the image rights stuff) is that we also had to include full details of how much they were paid. If we hadn't sent Mancini's contract in then I assume we would have breached the rules over a decade ago but the PL didn't notice (otherwise they would have charged us then) so the implication is the contract we filed with them was false or incomplete as we should have declared his contract with Al Jazeera (seeing as it looks like we were paying it).

However (again from memory though) the rule about providing details of all his payments didn't seem to be in the rule book for the first year we were charged. I think the rule was just that we had sent the PL a copy his contract. So even if we had been paying him for consulting with AJ we didn't need to declare it anyway. Who knows? It predates FFP anyway so is an admin error not a systematic way of cheating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.