PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m not suggesting he invented the story as part of some big plan to get work. But there are hundreds of ex pros, relatively young men in their late 30s/ early 40s, qualified to do nothing but chat about football. All competing for work. A controversial story on a podcast, that gets a bit of publicity isn’t the worst idea to get your name out there.

My best guess would not be that he totally invented the whole tale. But that he vaguely recalls a referee making a jokey comment which could loosely be seen as controversial and embellished it to turn it in this story.

It’s not bullshit it’s entirely consistent with Clattengurgd behaviour. This is the same ref who said he deliberately made Spurs implode.

It’s not bullshit it’s entirely consistent with Clattengurgd behaviour. This is the same ref who said he deliberately made Spurs implode.

No he didn’t. There’s a subtle but notable difference between deliberately making Spurs implode by his decisions and allowing them to implode, which is what he actually said.

Not the cleverest thing to go public with admittedly but certainly not an admission of cheating, which seems to be the suggestion here.

I wasn't discounting anything - it seems to me that they're being investigated for breaching FFP allowances for one three year period - losing more than 105M in 3 years.

I don't know for certain which rule numbers apply (I'd guess it's E.49); I just don't think it's significant that none have been cited except from those for the commission process.
Exactly - "seems"/"guess". We don't know. And Everton specifically refer to good faith in their statement inferring more than a technical breach. But the key point is we don't know.

1679743664536.png

I'm confused. They're cheating to make Leicester, Leicester! pl champions. Not UTD not lfc, not arsenal, but little old Leicester?

How did Leicester get so much more influence than those two. And why have they not done it again?

I mean you're saying the refs had been bought?

I thought it was part of the pl plan to have a different winner ever 6 years

No you were saying that Simpson has made it up & I said it’s not because it’s consistent with Clattenburg saying stupid shite in public.

I meant Simpson’s statement was effectively an allegation that he cheated. Not your comment about the Tottenham game.

As I said, my guess is that Simpson hasn’t completely made it up. He’s probably retold a tale, that by his own admission he only has a sketchy memory of, and embellished it to make it a more interesting anecdote.

I meant Simpson’s statement was effectively an allegation that he cheated. Not your comment about the Tottenham game.

As I said, my guess is that Simpson hasn’t completely made it up. He’s probably retold a tale, that by his own admission he only has a sketchy memory of, and embellished it to make it a more interesting anecdote.

why? the conversation was about momentum, everything going their way & the world behind them & he told that story.

I don’t see what’s far fetched or sketchy.

During the 20 years of success (spit) for the rags they were always tagged with being favoured by the refs and the league. It never did their profile any harm.

There will always be rival fans who will find anything to diminish the success of other teams.

Some on here said Leicester were doping cheats etc.
I always found the Leicester stuff especially annoying, not necessarily because there wasn’t some truth in it (I honestly don’t know one way or the other) but because some people asserted it (if true) like it was the only factor. It shows a remarkable lack of insight in relation to professional team sport. If it was that easy then there would be more Leicesters.

There were clearly a number of factors at play. Some people want straightforward answers to complex situations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.