PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Masters was asked about this a couple of days ago & refused to confirm or deny an investigation.

His non-committed comment leads me to believe there is an investigation, but as he said, if there were we'll only learn about it once an independent panel had adjudicated on the matter.

Where City were concerned, they spilled the fuckin lot as soon as the investigation started! :-/

I took the lack of a 'no' to mean they're looking at what came out in the US and seeing what lawyers think of it. The next step would be to ask Newcastle for their explanation on seemingly opposing views, and that'll take a while.

At what point this becomes an 'investigation' is unclear. However there was no way Masters could answer it yes without the PL having issued a statement that they were beforehand.

I put a comment in the Ref watch thread this morning about that. I think Pep's team selection was directly because Lahoz was appointed referee. He didn't play a DM for the only time ever, because he feared Ferny or Gundogan, would receive 2 yellows from Lahoz. This couldn't be reviewed by VAR. I put the blame on UEFA for appointing such an official with extensive high profile history against Pep!
Play your best team, and let everybody else worry.

I took the lack of a 'no' to mean they're looking at what came out in the US and seeing what lawyers think of it. The next step would be to ask Newcastle for their explanation on seemingly opposing views, and that'll take a while.

At what point this becomes an 'investigation' is unclear. However there was no way Masters could answer it yes without the PL having issued a statement that they were beforehand.
Well it was mentioned elsewhere that the investigation was already underway, but the PL have said nothing about it.

I saw articles from February 2023 saying the PL declined to respond when asked about the anomaly.

Evidently they're aware of the issue, but I found it very odd that the PL declined to even confirm if there was an investigation ongoing or not.

Contrast that to the way they've come at City? :-/

Masters - he must feel like he's trying to keep several camps happy; the govt want a regulator; some clubs want one; some clubs don't want one. He can't say he's in favour without annoying someone, and can't say the PL is in favour either for the same reason.

I don't think the govt do either. They'll fear the fallout. Parry was strong on behalf of the EFL, Crouch impressive too. It'll turn into something incredibly thin and ineffective, I expect.
Masters was third on the list to be chosen the first two candidates offered the job turn it down as both hinted that some clubs held two much power !!! Wonder who the hell they could be ! Common denominator might me those with American owners!

Masters was third on the list to be chosen the first two candidates offered the job turn it down as both hinted that some clubs held two much power !!! Wonder who the hell they could be ! Common denominator might me those with American owners!
He's a good boy....

NjgyNi5qcGVn.jpeg

And does as he's told.

And those same two clubs and them alone were allowed to ‘vet’ his appointment

To be fair that story looks like a lot of re-hashed garbage from the Guardian. It doesn't suggest Chelsea have done anything wrong. It is an issue for the Dutch League and Vitesse Arnhem and the Dutch League don't seem bothered. It is the usual distorted bollocks produced by David Conn these days.
Yep, fair enough. I shouldn’t be falling into the same trap as opposition fans!

There is more I cant see how they will not be charged it is alot more solid case for PL then against City
"The accounts published this week take the club's losses over the Premier League's rolling three-year period to £241.9m - they made a profit of £32.5m in 2019-20 followed by a record loss of £153.4m the following year - putting them at risk of breaching the limit of £105m."

The Daily Mail I know but interesting
Worst kept secret in football but nevertheless corrupt as fuck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.