PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Being registered in the Cayman Islands for tax reasons would be a start.

Was about to suggest a rule whereby a club needs to be registered in the country it's going to play league matches in. Then realised I've no idea where we are registered - I presume it's in the UK?

Is there a list anywhere of all the Premier League clubs and where they're registered?

Was about to suggest a rule whereby a club needs to be registered in the country it's going to play league matches in. Then realised I've no idea where we are registered - I presume it's in the UK?

Is there a list anywhere of all the Premier League clubs and where they're registered?
City Football Group registered office is 400 Ashton New Road. i haven’t looked where the other lot are registered

More likely I’ve misunderstood - it’s such a farce!
I thought most were related to the emails but that there were also serious allegations about fraudulent accounting.
If everything is based on the hacked emails, I feel a bit less worried about the outcome.
I'd have thought the accounting charges were based on their interpretation of the hacked emails so it all goes back to them. Certainly the Mancini claims & the 3rd party ownership(?) stuff were. Although it may be that we're both miles off.

Reactions: CC1

Companies house ???

All the PL clubs are UK companies and so will have a UK address. The juicy stuff will be in the offshore holding structures: the companies between the football club and the owners.

More likely I’ve misunderstood - it’s such a farce!
I thought most were related to the emails but that there were also serious allegations about fraudulent accounting.
If everything is based on the hacked emails, I feel a bit less worried about the outcome.
The Premier League only seem to be at this due to the hacked emails. Since then we have apparently provided huge amounts of evidence that we have done nothing wrong could be they have evidence from this or some other source that indicates wrong doing but I believe that they only have the hacked emails and our evidence of no wrong doing is exactly that.

The talk of fraudulent account has come from the expert legal and accounting minds on here. Their argument is that in order to have done what is alleged in relation to FFP we would have to have committed fraud. I think I am inclined to agree. However the Premier League are not saying that we have and there is no police investigation etc. I think this is because everything is a load of rubbish and the club are right could even be that it’s all a plan to clear our name properly but I think that’s to far fetched.

Reactions: CC1
This is a point I've made numerous times about FFP. Who cares that a club made a £100m profit three years ago but reported losses of £40m then £60m in the next two years? According to FFP, that club have broken even despite the fact that alarm bells should be ringing furiously.

If FFP had been in place in 2008, we'd have passed it, despite the fact we didn't have the cash to pay for the transfers we'd done the previous summer. That damn nearly sent us into administration. What fucking use is FFP in that case?

Despite having decent revenue, united have burned through over £60m cash in 3 months just from operations, before paying a penny for transfers. Whereas we've probably generated around £100m. They've had to borrow a furhter £100m and may well have borrowed a lot more in the last three months. The PL should be doing what La Liga did to Barca, going over their books with a fine-tooth comb and forcing them to reduce their outgoings.

It's quite possible that the Glazers are in panic mode, as they don't have the cash to support them and the borrowed money is running out. Of course they want a quick sale. The club is a financial basket case.

Rather than a banner showing how long it is since they won the league, perhaps we should get one we could adjust every three months (when they publish accounts) that shows their debt. It'll need to be a big one though.
Was in Washington DC once and saw a bus stop with a constantly increasing national debt screen maybe we can get one similar put on Sir Matt Busby Way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.