PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Well we were 100% un-cooperative with UEFA's investigation, hence CAS upholding UEFA's fine for this lack of cooperation. Given all of the other charges were dropped, it stands to reason that we produced a lot of evidence at CAS that we did not provide to UEFA.
It's old ground now but I thought it was as much because CAS looked at the evidence dispassionately rather than deciding we were guilty before they started.

It's old ground now but I thought it was as much because CAS looked at the evidence dispassionately rather than deciding we were guilty before they started.
I suspect it's a little from column A, a little from column B, we were definitely fined for non cooperation with UEFA's investigation though.

Well we were 100% un-cooperative with UEFA's investigation, hence CAS upholding UEFA's fine for this lack of cooperation. Given all of the other charges were dropped, it stands to reason that we produced a lot of evidence at CAS that we did not provide to UEFA.
I think City knew from the start it was a case of not cooperating and going straight to Cas.
UEFA were the accuser, judge and jury so no way were City going to show their hand to UEFA.

I think City knew from the start it was a case of not cooperating and going straight to Cas.
UEFA were the accuser, judge and jury so no way were City going to show their hand to UEFA.
Which I guess leads to the issue that through the CAS proceedings, we now have shown our hand to the Premier League.

So the Premier League are now in a slightly more advantageous position to UEFA, who were essentially just walking blindfolded into a legal killing zone.

Which I guess leads to the issue that through the CAS proceedings, we now have shown our hand to the Premier League.

So the Premier League are now in a slightly more advantageous position to UEFA, who were essentially just walking blindfolded into a legal killing zone.
I thought the UEFA and PL charges were not necessarily the same therefore the hand has not been fully shown

Both investigations have been running in parallel based on the same hacked emails, the PL have seen CAS throw everything but the non- cooperation charges out of the window. Although there will be differences in the charges I see it as us having very much the upper hand.

Not sure whether I'm alone in feeling like this situation is a much more disconcerting than the previous UEFA equivalent.
Namely, on the previous occasion we were at least given a firm punishment by UEFA of no Champions League for two seasons. This made it easier to work backwards from this punishment by factoring in that we had been completely non-compliant with UEFA's investigation, thus consider what reduced punishment may result from the new evidence we'd likely provide in the CAS appeal.

Having no punishment specified by the Premier League makes even speculating on a roadmap ahead very difficult.
We've just announced a 300m expansion, signed Alvarez to longer deal and if reports are right haaland could be signing a new contract as well.

All announced after the investigation news broke.

That speaks absolute volumes to me.

Both investigations have been running in parallel based on the same hacked emails, the PL have seen CAS throw everything but the non- cooperation charges out of the window. Although there will be differences in the charges I see it as us having very much the upper hand.
Which makes you wonder what the Premier League's motivations are in all this.

If they've already seen UEFA have their arses handed to them in a very similar court proceeding, why would the Premier League then choose to follow in those exact same doomed footsteps?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.