PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

sorry, i haven't got a clue what that means and why it would mean our charges getting dropped, could someone please spell it out for me

Yes, explain to us like we're five?

PIF promised to invest 30 billion in the UK.

The failure of the Newcastle takeover was deemed an "immediate risk" to relations between the 2 countries.

This lead to the government leaning on the PL to get the Newcastle United takeover accepted.

PIF promised to invest 30 billion in the UK.

The failure of the Newcastle takeover was deemed an "immediate risk" to relations between the 2 countries.

This lead to the government leaning on the PL to get the Newcastle United takeover accepted.
Top man cheers.

could you please explain it to me then thanks( being serious) :)

My understanding (which will be limited) is that the Government has clearly put pressure on PL to let Saudi bypass rules to be owner.

Not because they want Saudi owning Newcastle, but because Saudi are looking to invest significant money in the UK, which massively helps UK PLC

The same will be said of Qatar (based on it not being an individual as claimed but state money) and for us on Abu Dhabi who have a track record of investment and some potential big projects coming up.

The implication is that we could use this leverage with the Govt for them to influence the PL (something they have shown they are willing to do to Saudi) to either make the charges go away or come to a settlement we are happy to take.

Do not believe the posturing that we are happy to have a chance to clear our name, we would be more then happy for these to go away quietly.

big gob just been shooting off about EFL charges are instant like look at reading points dectuction this season no messing about unlike everton and city
tantastic shot him down to my surprise ...... reading got found guilty last season and done it again but everton and city have not been found guilty of anything as of yet
but but but advert break

Do not believe the posturing that we are happy to have a chance to clear our name, we would be more then happy for these to go away quietly.
Maybe before they hit us with the 116 charges (1 more has been added for upsetting Liverpool fans) but now I suspect City will want much more than that.

I am sure we have the balls, but also I don't think it's our style to be seen to be so combative and confrontational.

I am also not a lawyer, but I would imagine our case were we to bring one would have to show that the PL accusations were groundless and that they had charged us unreasonably. A defence on their part, I would imagine, would be either/both (a) that they have sufficient evidence prima facie to bring the charges and (b) that doing so was in the public interest.

Any which way, can never see it happening.
In a civil defamation action the burden of proof lies with those making the allegations so the PL would have to prove their claims are true. That said there is probably something in our contract with the PL that prevents us suing them.

Given how much HMG clearly leaned on them over the NUFC takeover it’s impossible to hold to the view that they didn’t know what they were taking on when they issued all those charges against MCFC.

Which makes you think they either had a stonewall case - they haven’t - or they were under immense pressure to bring the charges anyway.
Or perhaps Masters is just stupid as he showed at the Select Committee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.