PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

From what I can see, Saudi seem to be moving away from the US and UK, certainly in terms of not caring about their support for Russia and China?

I remember reading a lot about this around the start of the Ukraine war because obviously the gulf states did not really take a position which shocked people outside Washington.

The US made a series of moves the UAE and Saudi didn't like. A big one was not helping Mubarak in Egypt, and another was that they left Yemen when the Iranian supported Houthi rebels were in charge, which was seen as tacitly supporting them.

Since then most of the Middle East has been trying to realign itself as more neutral, building ties with China, India and Russia so they're not seen as the US lap dogs.

That's the narrative, but don't see it being Chinese Yuan.

Dollar will be the king for a good time yet and China wouldn't win a war anytime soon.

Interesting to see India have started trading this week using the Rupee as their nominal choice?

I just think the Saudis can always afford to play all sides, everyone needs them and they have the money not to care!

Russian cunts just trying to form alliances because they don't have a pot to piss in.
Do you see a reserve change? Or do you see the dollar just rallying on as usual and for how long?

India is a BRICS economy and in bed with the Russians just as much as China.

China maybe putting out a financial "helping hand" to Russia for their own long term financial gain, knowing it will help them gain that world reserve currency they seem to desire.

Be interesting to see what the next crash does for the United States. With ever increasing debt getting to the point of no control and debt ceilings constantly being raised, banks failing, talk of recessions in the EU and US, the inflation issue, it could get a lot worse in the west in the years to come.

Saudi seem to want to play intermediary between the west and Russia which could end up being a dangerous game played...eventually I just think they will have to pick a side.

To be honest, given the disclosures around Newcastle, I’d say the last thing the PL want is a stonewall case !
I suspect the case is already determined (ie dead) and the priority will be an appropriate exit strategy that satisfies honour on both sides.

1. City are innocent
2. This is a vendetta by the 9 clubs over 15 years
3. Ringleader clubs thrown out of football pyramid
4. 15 year point deductions for supporting clubs

That'd be just about poetic justice

In a civil defamation action the burden of proof lies with those making the allegations so the PL would have to prove their claims are true. That said there is probably something in our contract with the PL that prevents us suing them.
I don't think it's as simple as that, mate. For example. Aaron Banks sued the journalist Carole Cadwalladr for libel and still lost his case despite the court finding that what she had said about him was NOT true. They concluded the threshold for harm (to his reputation) was reached and therefore potentially eligible for significant damages, but he lost because they also concluded there was a public interest defence in her saying what she did. Also that she believed what she had said to be true.

I am not suggesting that's exactly how it would pan out if City sued the PL, but I am simply suggesting that it's not so simple as to say that the PL would have to prove that their evidence was valid. We could quite possibly lose, provided the PL could show that it was reasonable to bring charges based upon the information in their possession, whether true or not.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks City will go after the PL hasn’t been paying attention for the last 14 years.
When these charges have been dealt with City will just carry on being the best run club in England.
And hopefully build bridges with the PL as our board has done with UEFA

I would love to know how the PL would react to any club breaking FFP limits if it meant bringing Messi to the PL.

big gob just been shooting off about EFL charges are instant like look at reading points dectuction this season no messing about unlike everton and city
tantastic shot him down to my surprise ...... reading got found guilty last season and done it again but everton and city have not been found guilty of anything as of yet
but but but advert break
Why the fuck do people have to ask the same question over and over again. Why the fuck can`t you put a name with the words "big gob" and give us the fucking name of the person.
FFS.

Do you see a reserve change? Or do you see the dollar just rallying on as usual and for how long?

India is a BRICS economy and in bed with the Russians just as much as China.

China maybe putting out a financial "helping hand" to Russia for their own long term financial gain, knowing it will help them gain that world reserve currency they seem to desire.

Be interesting to see what the next crash does for the United States. With ever increasing debt getting to the point of no control and debt ceilings constantly being raised, banks failing, talk of recessions in the EU and US, the inflation issue, it could get a lot worse in the west in the years to come.

Saudi seem to want to play intermediary between the west and Russia which could end up being a dangerous game played...eventually I just think they will have to pick a side.
Reserve change in our lifetime is extremely unlikely. The global economy revolves too much around dollars and US remains rich in resources as well as having many of the most innovative companies on the planet. Inflation, Recessions and Bank failures have happened in every economic cycle and not really affected the world axis. China cannot come close to being reserve currency with such a high degree of government interference in markets (or threat of) along with a very erratic/parochial judicial system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.