PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Given how much HMG clearly leaned on them over the NUFC takeover it’s impossible to hold to the view that they didn’t know what they were taking on when they issued all those charges against MCFC.

Which makes you think they either had a stonewall case - they haven’t - or they were under immense pressure to bring the charges anyway.
To be honest, given the disclosures around Newcastle, I’d say the last thing the PL want is a stonewall case !
I suspect the case is already determined (ie dead) and the priority will be an appropriate exit strategy that satisfies honour on both sides.

Given how much HMG clearly leaned on them over the NUFC takeover it’s impossible to hold to the view that they didn’t know what they were taking on when they issued all those charges against MCFC.

Which makes you think they either had a stonewall case - they haven’t - or they were under immense pressure to bring the charges anyway.
Spot on Chris ...... as usual!

PIF promised to invest 30 billion in the UK.

The failure of the Newcastle takeover was deemed an "immediate risk" to relations between the 2 countries.

This lead to the government leaning on the PL to get the Newcastle United takeover accepted.

From what I can see, Saudi seem to be moving away from the US and UK, certainly in terms of not caring about their support for Russia and China?

Interesting. I'm not sure the Glazers, Henry, Levy and other assorted bottom-feeders realise who they are dealing with here.
I don’t doubt that if Crafton’s involved, he’ll be anxious to kickstart the narrative that any government that tries to interfere with football is morally reprehensible (expect Barney and Miguel to be sharpening their pencils in similar vein), whilst simultaneously planting the notion that any City victory at the PL Tribunal will be the result of a dirty political deal. Never forget, the real prize is always to try and nobble City

From what I can see, Saudi seem to be moving away from the US and UK, certainly in terms of not caring about their support for Russia and China?

They know the future reserve currency will be the Chinese Yuan.

Historically, I don't think any country has held the reserve currency for more than 110 years which was Spain.

Britain held it for 105 years.

US currently on 102 I think

They know the future reserve currency will be the Chinese Yuan.

Historically, I don't think any country has held the reserve currency for more than 110 years which was Spain.

Britain held it for 105 years.

US currently on 102 I think

That's the narrative, but don't see it being Chinese Yuan.

Dollar will be the king for a good time yet and China wouldn't win a war anytime soon.

Interesting to see India have started trading this week using the Rupee as their nominal choice?

I just think the Saudis can always afford to play all sides, everyone needs them and they have the money not to care!

Russian cunts just trying to form alliances because they don't have a pot to piss in.

I don’t doubt that if Crafton’s involved, he’ll be anxious to kickstart the narrative that any government that tries to interfere with football is morally reprehensible (expect Barney and Miguel to be sharpening their pencils in similar vein), whilst simultaneously planting the notion that any City victory at the PL Tribunal will be the result of a dirty political deal. Never forget, the real prize is always to try and nobble City

Very true but the loonies can bark at the moon all they want if and when we are cleared as far as I'm concerned. The PL could come out and say "we've examined every minute details of these 115 charges and find City innocent of every single one" and those nutters would still be at it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.