PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They didn't even do Soriano the courtesy of giving him the charges before giving them to the media and specifically to certain journalists. City have won 4 of the last 5 PL titles and that's how the league chose to handle it. That means we have absolutely no relationship of any real respect with the people running the league, and that's squarely at Soriano's door as he is the guy who sits in all those meetings.
You say that as if they’ve ever had any interest in bridging the gap themselves.

What are Soriano or Khaldoon supposed to do when the cunts in charge want you dead?
if you sincerely think that there was a time they’d have been on our side you’re incredibly naive.

To be clear, he does have an Arsenal season ticket but he has no other connection to the club (assuming he is appointed to the disciplinary committee).
A 10 point deduction for City this season would be pretty handy for an arsenal fan.

A perfect storm for him, he walks away with his head held high & his reputation in tact. While we give Stockport County 15,000 tickets for the opening game of next season.
Why would we give Stockpot 15000 tickets ?
Or are you saying that city fans would turn their back on the club.
If your one of them then ‘goodbye’.

Do you think we’re fucked, Ahsan?

No, on the contrary I suspect that in the end it benefits neither the league, its brand, nor City for the sanctions to be of any real significance. I'm just guessing btw and have no professional insights or anything like that, but I can see it being a points deduction which maybe means a season out of the CL, and a slap on the wrist. But not much beyond that.

The wider damage to the club's reputation is now done. We've gone from old titles being questioned to literally every season up to and including the 100 point one being in breach of PL rules. Whether we win or lose from here, the damage is done.

It's taken this long because the accuser (We've not been charged as this isn't a criminal matter), either had fuck all on us, or has spent their time ensuring a watertight case.

Either way it seems the accusations are more of the same & based on the already adjudicated Der Spiegel "exposé"... )(
The PL know exactly we will fight legally and in a big way, unless they are utterly benign , why would they risk everything attacking one of it's major members without serious proof of fraud?

A few thoughts, I hope the premier league have got deep pockets they will need them
Surely this will drag on for years?
Poor timing, all the recent publicity about Chelsea’s spending makes this whole charade look like a witch hunt
Witch it most definitely is, Unless you CSI every Pl clubs finances as vigorously it is unfair, unlawful and probably racist

He's in court all day today. Hopefully tomorrow.

On an unrelated note, Soriano should go at the end of this season. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the PL investigations, all of this stuff has happened under his watch, and City have flown too close to the sun too many times in the pursuit of maximum commercial growth.
The problem there is that Txiki and Pep may go as well.

It's taken this long because the accuser (We've not been charged as this isn't a criminal matter), either had fuck all on us, or has spent their time ensuring a watertight case.

Either way it seems the accusations are more of the same & based on the already adjudicated Der Spiegel "exposé"... )(
i think a lot of the charges are to get around the 6 year statute rule personally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.