PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Really one of the clubs that ffp was set up to stop should have legally challenged the whole shitshow years ago. I can see why they didn't, but trying to do the right thing and keep our heads down hasn't exactly done us any favours has it?

The really interesting thing is they appealed and got it sent back....now we've been told by numerous posters that there's no right of appeal here.

United have won 20 league titles and 3 European cups, Liverpool have won 19 league titles and 6 European cups. How many of those trophies have been won under FFP restrictions? Baring 1 league title for United and 1 league title and 1 European cup for Liverpool every trophy has been won under regulations where you could spend what you want.

Would both these clubs be as successful if they had to adhere to FFP regulations during their investment and growth periods? The majority of their trophies have been won when you could spend what you like. How are we cheats when they could spend as much as they like?

It’s interesting that when you look at well over a decade of FFP rules, the pair of them combined have 2 league titles and 1 European cup. Where we’ve had 6 premier league titles in that time. What gives?

View attachment 75645View attachment 75646

Fuck me! Has someone dropped Jordan on his head? And what's wrong with our ownership model? Why say City should be lauded, but question our owner? \0/

Jordan can fuck off, the knob cheese!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-celebrate-cherish-value-Manchester-City.html
Given the huge defamation awards seen recently I strongly suspect Mr Jordan has been spooked into writing an article that contains some balance, reason and objectivity. When we are cleared he could be sued by MCFC for using public platforms to conduct a campaign of persistent reputational damage. Unfortunately for him the timing of his 180 degree about turn will be highly significant. When it's compared to the hundreds of attacks eg Frankenstein club, dirty oil money funded, sports washing etc over many years he won't have a leg to stand on. I don't believe our owners are in the least bit vindictive but personally I hope they make a statement and go all out to hit him hard.

Back on topic, the 100+ charges have morphed into 5 major charges. I am convinced these are the 5 Issues under investigation..

1 Ethihad Airways sponsorship
2 Etisalat sponsorship
3 Aabar sponsorship
4 Image rights contracts
5 Mancini contract.

Some of these were resolved at CAS, eg Ethihad Airways, others were time barred, Image rights and Mancic contract.

Does it really take 2 years to resolve these ? given we have irrefutable evidence that we stayed within the prevailing rules at all times.
I'm not sure why everyone is suddenly going crazy over this, after an ambiguously worded tweet from a Blue after something he's heard and maybe misunderstood at an OSC Branch meeting.

The PL themselves grouped them under 5 main headings:

1) Failing to provide accurate financial information due to sponsorships
2) Failing to report player and manager remuneration in full
3) Failing to provide accurate and complete financial information for FFP
4) Failing to provide accurate and complete financial information for the PL's own Financial Sustainability rules.
5) Failure to cooperate with the investigation

If 1, 2 & 3 fail, then 4 & 5 do.

I'm not sure why everyone is suddenly going crazy over this, after an ambiguously worded tweet from a Blue after something he's heard and maybe misunderstood at an OSC Branch meeting.

4) Failing to provide accurate and complete financial information for the PL's own Financial Sustainability rules.

Have your thoughts on our chances of winning changed at all?

Surely 5 has nothing to do with 1 to 4?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.