PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I can understand the confidentiality issues but even the process is not clear, has anything in terms of the process and timeline been announced?
If it follows the same path as the UEFA investigation there will be selective briefings to our commercial rivals followed by leaks to selected media outlets and these will be timed to cause maximum damage to our club. Not much has leaked out so far but I don't believe for one minute that Directors of LFC and MUFC have not been kept in the loop by their sources at the Premier League (and the EFL). I am sure the stories will surface before the FA Cup final or CL Final if we are involved in it.

If it follows the same path as the UEFA investigation there will be selective briefings to our commercial rivals followed by leaks to selected media outlets and these will be timed to cause maximum damage to our club. Not much has leaked out so far but I don't believe for one minute that Directors of LFC and MUFC have not been kept in the loop by their sources at the Premier League (and the EFL). I am sure the stories will surface before the FA Cup final or CL Final if we are involved in it.
One thing I will add as a positive is the recent accusation/charges have galzanised every single person involved with this football club.

I would say that the campaign by the american red shirt clubs has backfired and created the biggest own goal in the history of the game.

The week before the charges our team looked lost and broken, a couple of weeks later we are fighting like never before and performing like men possessed.

We have the opportunity of rewriting history, securing a treble and break even more records, individual and as a club..

Thank you to all involved.

Last edited:
Great posts as usual with you.
I mentioned something similar in the media thread earlier.
The closer we edge to the Holy Grail the more vociferous it will be. If we land the PL I expect a plethora of negative articles on a daily basis.
I expect this anyway in the week leading to the FA Cup final.

All it does is bring us closer to American style leagues with no promotion or relegation. There is too much American influence on the game and the day will come when finals will be played in American stadiums for American audiences and how you feel won't matter in the slightest.

The salary cap is the best thing about the American game imo, it ensures that smaller teams in smaller cities can actually compete.

Not sure how a salary cap on its own will help. What's to stop huge signing-on bonuses to compensate? If it's not part of a wider set of rules, it could be an even bigger mess. Or am I wrong?

A salary cap isn't exactly a new concept, it's used in pretty much every other major sporting code around the world to good effect.

The salary cap is the best thing about the American game imo, it ensures that smaller teams in smaller cities can actually compete.
True but it helps with the draft system too. Like NFL for example. If there was no draft regardless of the wage cap im not sure that the likes of Baltimore Buffalo etc would fair well in comparison to Florida, LA & New York teams. It’s perfectly suited to the structure of their game. The best talent coming into the league goes to the worst teams, those bad teams get them for cheap for 5 years while the more established veteran players can pick their destination of the top teams who pick last in the draft for top dollar at free agency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.