PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's a bit if a dilemma isn't it? Everyone thinks top footballers earn an obscene amount of money and a lot of that money would be better kept within the game through, as you say, more investment in grass roots football.

But we all know that isn't the rationale behind it. It is to stop teams making the most money hoovering up the best players. Not a bad motivation, per se. But where do these teams making the most money get it from? From being successful in competitions that give huge rewards to the few clubs participating. So what do we want? Huge rewards with a salary cap and more money to grass roots football? Or less rewards for participating, with more money going to grass roots football at source without the need for a salary cap (especially given that now total salary costs are capped as a % of revenues anyway).

I am pretty sure the big clubs don't want the latter, and understandably so from their point of view, but from a neutral's or a fan's point of view, and possibly a legal point of view, surely it is the better solution?
Has the legality of salary caps ever been tested in UK, EU?

Why the sudden breaking of ranks from the scumbag UK media?
Nothing for a few months then the pile on starts again.
I get they’re desperately trying to destabilise the club at the behest of their red shirted paymasters just as we look like finishing the season gloriously.
Probably wishful thinking but, as Khaldoon once said the football world is a small place, could there be whispers about an amicable end to all of this. Hope not because the innuendo would ramp up to 11. Smash this shite once and for all.
You would hope if this was the case then the club would strike back at the haters for once.

Has the legality of salary caps ever been tested in UK, EU?

A very relevant question to which I have no answer.

You know, I wonder if Ceferin wasn't just being polite to his US hosts in his answer to the question, as he was, in my opinion, with his answer about CL games in the US.

He couldn't say "no, what a stupid fucking idea" to the second question, and I suppose he couldn't say "you have no idea what you are talking about" to the first, either.

Oh yeah, we can expect a deluge of this sort of shizzle, dripping with same old clichéd bollocks....

What the actual fuck! :-/

To be honest, I'm past caring. I just wanna ram their taunts up their arseholes, & kill em with constipation!

It's like this dude is desperate for a return to the old Sky Four days, where upstarts like City knew their place. They make me sick!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.