PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Hypothetical Scenario -
City are found to have unwittingly breached some conditions on technicalities and these are the ‘top five’ conditions.

All other charges are unconditionally dismissed.

What range of sanctions could be imposed ?

I wonder if it is something he and several others have been legally advised to do ie segregate football from owner criticism.
I really don’t know mate. I read the Guardian as I despise just about everY other rag. they do some good stuff but their coverage of our team is bizarre. The odd complimentary article is interspersed with Bile and bad feeling and there is certainly an enormous editorial bias against us. It feels desperate when the only adverse comment they can make about the football is it’s ‘cold’ and too brilliant. I mean really, in what walk of life are you criticised for striving for perfection? As for human rights, It’s a wide world with many differences of culture and custom.

Oh yeah, we can expect a deluge of this sort of shizzle, dripping with same old clichéd bollocks....

Ronay is a bitter racist…. He will change his tune if the Qatar consortium buy the Rags…. He will trumpeting owner investment and community investment as if it’s a first!

The salary cap is the best thing about the American game imo, it ensures that smaller teams in smaller cities can actually compete.
You really think it has to do with competing, this will go before the G14clubs who will change it to suit their needs, we saw what FFP was until it was altered, we've had 10 years of bullshit that tries to suit a few select clubs

100% support this as oposed to FFP to be honest, as it removes all the bullshit ambiguity.
In this scenario, Haaland would be paid the same as Rashford and Nunez. How is that fair on Haaland? Also Messi and Ronaldo in previous years have been worth far more commercially than all other players.

Doesn't seem fair to me.

Last edited:
I'd imagine it would be a maximum percentage of a clubs total out goings rather than X amount of pounds per player per week.
That pretty much already exists with FFP2 in a few seasons money spent on football expenditure getting down to 70% of revenue
Making % of turnover ensures that its very difficult for clubs to break into the top echelon

It’s important to recognise that salary caps are used in sports like the NFL to guarantee owner profits…. Might be spun as a way of ensuring competition but some teams don’t even bother to spend up to the cap. Any salary cap in football would be related to income - so in many ways I don’t think it would erode our position given our commercial firepower.

There's already a salary cap in Rugby in England so can't see why it would be legal for Rugby and illegal for Football and it's already happening in La Liga bought in because of big losses due to covid.
Its not a salary cap, its a cap how the total amount that a club can spend on salaries, to be illegal it would have to be a cap applied on an individual basis. If an individual was challenged it in law then it might well be deemed "restraint of trade"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.