PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Funny how none of these financial controls were suggested until we became successful. As for a salary cap what naive nonsense. What about the rest of a player's income, image rights, win bonuses and so on.
I recall that a world wide investers like Sheikh M would be out of his depth in the football sector of business.

That went well with the already American owned clubs but what else is left for them to to stop the landslide of pure football, investment phase domination and progress to domination in Europe?
I'm sure that sticking to investment and only using legal process when necessary makes for zn easy life ffoe Sheikh M..

it's illegal and a restriction of trade there's no point even going any further with it. It's no surprise that the clubs want it. Employers wanting to restrict their largest outgoings for more profit
There's already a salary cap in Rugby in England so can't see why it would be legal for Rugby and illegal for Football and it's already happening in La Liga bought in because of big losses due to covid.

Put money on it! Headline will be Premie to dock city points making arsenal champions
Well - it's understandable that there has so far been no information on the process and proposed 'punishment' - the red shirt puppets will not yet know how many points they will need to decduct from us to make Arsenal champions!!

There's already a salary cap in Rugby in England so can't see why it would be legal for Rugby and illegal for Football and it's already happening in La Liga bought in because of big losses due to covid.
The point here is that a league can get agreement from the players’ union for a cap and it will remain in place de facto if unchallenged in court by a player.

Rugby has a total expenditure on salary cap same, as La Liga, not individual player salary caps which is what's being discussed. If fact a similar total salary cap comes into football from 2024 but what Cerefin is banging on about goes well beyond the limits of law

I'm sure I've read that article from him.

After pretty much every good result.
Immediately after the game he wrote an extremely complimentary review and then this one. Very strange. When you boil down what he says in this one;
  • City have developed a model of footballing flawless brilliance that is so good it is uncompetitive
  • They have done it with investment from an owner who is part of the ruling class of an oil state
  • There are human rights ‘concerns’ about that State.
A deeply pointless article that just shouts hypocrisy and bile.

Immediately after the game he wrote an extremely complimentary review and then this one. Very strange. When you boil down what he says in this one;
  • City have developed a model of footballing flawless brilliance that is so good it is uncompetitive
  • They have done it with investment from an owner who is part of the ruling class of an oil state
  • There are human rights ‘concerns’ about that State.
A deeply pointless article that just shouts hypocrisy and bile.
I wonder if it is something he and several others have been legally advised to do ie segregate football from owner criticism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.