PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No, on the contrary I suspect that in the end it benefits neither the league, its brand, nor City for the sanctions to be of any real significance. I'm just guessing btw and have no professional insights or anything like that, but I can see it being a points deduction which maybe means a season out of the CL, and a slap on the wrist. But not much beyond that.

The wider damage to the club's reputation is now done. We've gone from old titles being questioned to literally every season up to and including the 100 point one being in breach of PL rules. Whether we win or lose from here, the damage is done.
Who gives a shite ?

Nobody else has had a decent thing to say about us as a club for more than 10 years, since the takeover

and plenty of accusations have been thrown at us from all directions anyway, accused of buying the titles etc etc etc.

so whats new?

The damage isn’t just to City though. The PL are accusing the dominant force in their own league, as having become so through financial irregularities/cheating. Their own reputation takes a huge hit whether they are proven right or wrong and that is what worries me about this whole thing. It’s ok the club being confident they can bat this away, but surely the PL are just as confident they can make this stick?
As we’re UEFA
The damage isn’t just to City though. The PL are accusing the dominant force in their own league, as having become so through financial irregularities/cheating. Their own reputation takes a huge hit whether they are proven right or wrong and that is what worries me about this whole thing. It’s ok the club being confident they can bat this away, but surely the PL are just as confident they can make this stick?
As did UEFA

Fuckall will happen. Stop panicking on shite being spewed out by hack journos with an agenda like Miguel Delaney. The Premier League is a staggeringly incompetent organisation on every level.

When we went through this with UEFA, the media were talking about us being banned from the CL for a few years and as a result KDB would leave etc. The same BS is being peddled now in regards to points deduction etc.

If it went down that road I'm pretty sure our owners have enough on the yank clubs to attack with.

Last night I felt really crap after a poor showing at Spurs. Now I'm feeling better weirdly. I always felt more connected to my club when our backs were against the wall. Us against the football world. This shit has gone on too long. Bring on our opposition. I'm going to give us loud support on Sunday.
I'm quite enjoying this. I'm just about getting over a massive hangover from yesterday's day out in London. Was still sulking this morning and wasn't going to come near Bluemoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.