PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Was listening to a Rag the other day on the radio. I mean he actually said we are only this dominant because we were paying Mancini backhanders. Not even pulled up by the host either.

The ‘We all know City are cheats’ narrative, Dave the rag from London or wherever knows this cos he’s read it in The Sun or Daily Mail. The damage is done unfortunately even if City get this chucked out, it’s there last thing of hope people cling to as they don’t want to admit the club is far superior to any team that plays in red with American owners.

I'm very confused over the Mancini allegations. From what the media state, it is a stand alone charge that City paid him secretly. Mancini has clearly stated he has never been interviewed about the allegations and will happily attend court to deny it.
This implies the only evidence regarding Mancini is the Der Speigel leaks and the fact that the PL have asked City to provide proof of these payments. As they didn't happen, City cant provide anything and have been charged with failing to assist the investigation. All very bizarre.

Last edited:
I'm very confused over the Mancini allegations. From what the media state, it is a stand alone charge that City paid him secretly. Mancini has clearly stated he has never been interviewed about the allegations and will happily attend court to deny it.
This implies the only evidence regarding Mancini is the Der Speigel leaks and the fact that the PL have asked City to provide proof of these payments. As they didn't happen City cant providecanything and have been charged with failing to assist the investigation. All very bizarre.
I don't think they're saying we paid him secretly as it was known(?) that an AD club employed him as a consultant before(I think) he joined us. The inference is that he was ringfenced off so that City could employ him as manager at the end of that season. They seem to be saying we should have told them he was being paid by an AD club and presumably want us to supply paperwork from the AD club regarding his contract.

More that a little bit of guess work in the above perhaps.

I don't think they're saying we paid him secretly as it was known(?) that an AD club employed him as a consultant before(I think) he joined us. The inference is that he was ringfenced off so that City could employ him as manager at the end of that season. They seem to be saying we should have told them he was being
paid by an AD club and presumably want us to supply paperwork from the AD club regarding his contract.

More that a little bit of guess work in the above perhaps.

Cheers for the reply. If that's correct it's even more bizarre.

This implies the only evidence regarding Mancini is the Der Speigel leaks and the fact that the PL have asked City to provide proof of these payments. As they didn't happen City cant providecanything and have been charged with failing to assist the investigation. All very bizarre.
So City allegedly paid Mancini a backhander, before there were any PL Financial Fair play rules.

Even if true how much did we pay him, £1m? 12 years ago!

If that is all that has happened it hardly supports the narrative of endemic cheating and reasons why other clubs cannot compete with City does it?
Most fans of other clubs would probably just shrug their shoulders and say 'is that all'.

The media narrative is what is doing the damage and what needs to be cleaned up.

So City allegedly paid Mancini a backhander, before there were any PL Financial Fair play rules.

Even if true how much did we pay him, £1m? 12 years ago!

If that is all that has happened it hardly supports the narrative of endemic cheating and reasons why other clubs cannot compete with City does it?
Most fans of other clubs would probably just shrug their shoulders and say 'is that all'.

The media narrative is what is doing the damage and what needs to be cleaned up.

I think the Mancini thing is a minor part of the investigation and the large part is did the club inflate sponsorship revenue. If you look at when financial fair play was implemented by Uefa it was in the 2011/12 season, the Premier league adopted it in the 2013-14 season. How can they retrospectively apply those rules to things that happened before 2013?

I think the Mancini thing is a minor part of the investigation and the large part is did the club inflate sponsorship revenue. If you look at when financial fair play was implemented by Uefa it was in the 2011/12 season, the Premier league adopted it in the 2013-14 season. How can they retrospectively apply those rules to things that happened before 2013?

They can't apply PL financial fair play retrospectively and City were found not guilty of the UEFA charges, our fine was for not complying fully with the UEFA investigation. The PL cannot find us guilty of breaking UEFA FFP when we have already been cleared at CAS.

So if that's the case I would say the pl 'management' arent fit for purpose. How can you make such a school boy error ? Even I know you cant be charged if the rules weren't there !! Are the pl really that thick and amateurish

Hopefully we will see the pl investigate dipperpool fro their 50million to improve their dump which never happen
Its all about tarnishing the club and its past achievements for the past ten years-Asterix seems to be their favourite word, City only won this and that because we financially cheated blah blah blah.
One thing is for certain, since these new allegations came out, the whole club from top to bottom has galvanised massively on and off the pitch. Peps Churchillian interview at that time telling the press he's going nowhere , naming the shit house clubs for what they are was awe inspiring.
But anyway, it sounds like the PL have royally fucked up on this big time, and the club seems more confident than ever that we will win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.