PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think the Mancini thing is a minor part of the investigation and the large part is did the club inflate sponsorship revenue. If you look at when financial fair play was implemented by Uefa it was in the 2011/12 season, the Premier league adopted it in the 2013-14 season. How can they retrospectively apply those rules to things that happened before 2013?
Perhaps the PL are interpreting our signing up to rule changes as allowing them to change the rules to past as well as future dates.?
Usual hubris allowing them to do what they want with their rules I suppose.

Our legal team seem to disagree with their cavalier stance or is this irrelevant?

It’s not that charges that are impacted by the rule change it’s the rules around disclosure of information relating to the charges

i would imagine the club are pushing back on being made to disclose further information relating to the charges following the rule change

its akin to allowing the PL to go on a fishing expedition to find information that may incriminate us

The impression I get (as a non-legal person) is that it may read into the non-cooperation charge, as well as the actual information sought.

If the PL have deliberately tried to smear the City brand by applying rules that werent there then why the hell cant we take them to court?
Other than City being exonerated of these charges, I think this is the one thing that a lot of our fans want the most. This would not be purely out of revenge, but to demonstrate the consequences should there be any more attempts to besmirch the club's reputation in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.