PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Is that the UK law standard?

I thought it was beyond any reasonable doubt, or something. There is often reasonable doubt in these financial cases.
Criminal law… ‘beyond all reasonable doubt’
Civil Law… ‘on the balance of probabilities’
Unless it’s changed.

He's in court all day today. Hopefully tomorrow.

On an unrelated note, Soriano should go at the end of this season. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the PL investigations, all of this stuff has happened under his watch, and City have flown too close to the sun too many times in the pursuit of maximum commercial growth.
That’s harsh
He has to work around a set of rules deliberately designed to make us fail
Juve and Barca have been cheating ffp for years and years
Chelsea are doing it right now
The fact there are so many charges tells me they know half will be gone before the gloves are even off

I don't see why the club would have any interest in providing the prem with anything before they are required to do so. They have been investigating for 4 years, in which time we have won the title several times and blown away most of the records in the league. As you say, they have likely burnt through millions in the process and now we have the opportunity to finish it once and for all. As City said during the UEFA investigation, we had no reason to believe it would be fair and proper so we simply stopped speaking to them and just saw them in court.

Now they have come to the party, we can get started.
Our club and probably more importantly the owners Nation's reputation has been severely questioned, in Arabic culture that is serious sh1t.

You seriously think if it was so clear cut we would not have cooperated totally?

If our club were as clever as people make out they would have been investigating the hateful eight over the years with a fine tooth comb. Then hit them with everything at a time like this. Nobody can tell me all the other clubs haven't broken ONE rule over the years.
The trouble with that is we don't have the power to request other clubs accounts like the league do with ours so I've no idea how we could get any evidence of other clubs wrongdoings without opening ourselves up to awkward questions about where we received this information.
The only way to do this would be through reporters so that's a complete non-starter.

Younger fans will not remember the darker days.

We were refereed to back then as the "Soap Opera Club"

There was always something going on/drama.

Here we are "Still" a couple of decades later.

The Club Blues love to love, and others love to hate.

Jealous bitter fuckers.

We all know it is a Hatchet Job.

This will go on another few years yet. Ultimately end up in the High Court.

It's impossible to not come to the conclusion that the club has systematically cheated if the charges are true.

6 seasons not including full details of player remuneration in player contracts.

4 seasons not including full details of manager remuneration.

9 seasons of not providing accurate financial information.

And thats just up to 2018, because from 2018 onwards we've refused to cooperate by giving them more details.
Fuck me, this makes Juve looks like choir boys

We did comply after we appealed to the courts which was made public even though both parties want it kept secret the course ruled otherwise

How I read this is under pressure from the Hateful Eight, the PL were forced to act against City.

The PL want to be seen to be acting against City, but for Commercial reasons want to do it in private, hoping to sweep most of it under the carpet & for it to disappear.

The judge wants to know the juicy gossip, as much as Talkshite do! The hearings are to be made public... :-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.